Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my soul mate

Dragonfly999

• Moderators
16 hours ago, April Ballou said:

Even when we may not have gotten a chance to see each other much because of jobs.  We always said I love you to each other.

Same with us, my husband worked graveyard four days (nights) per week, I worked days five days a week, he had to commute 150 miles/day so he stayed near his job four days and came home for three, he only had to spend three nights away.  He always called me at lunchtime when he got up, when I was getting off and he was getting ready to punch in, on his lunch break, but not his second break as he didn't want to wake me.  Sometimes I'd encourage him to go enjoy his lunch break with the guys but he said he'd rather talk to me.  We were joined in hearts, for sure.  It was hard to get used to not getting those phone calls.  When he'd get off for the week, he'd buy donuts and stop by my job, giving them to all the employees.  The sweetest man who ever lived! (And we didn't even eat sugar!)

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April Ballou

• KayC

• Dragonfly999

• tnd

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Dragonfly999

I got my cremation ring yesterday, it’s rose gold and the heart is his ashes set in a resin. It’s brought some comfort to have it on my finger. Now I have a piece of him with me everywhere I go. His name is inscribed on the inside of the band too. 

9F52DC64-7A99-451E-A3DE-54FE72972239.jpeg

• Like 2

• Members
Dragonfly999

@April Ballou I wear my wedding rings too, I’ll never take them off. I still consider myself to be married. I also got one of those plastic sizer things you wrap around a band for his wedding ring and I wear it on my left index finger. 

• Like 1

• Members
April Ballou

@Dragonfly999 I gave his wedding ring to our son.  He didn't have a wedding ring when he got married so I let him have it until he gets one.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Dragonfly999 said:

I got my cremation ring yesterday, it’s rose gold and the heart is his ashes set in a resin. It’s brought some comfort to have it on my finger. Now I have a piece of him with me everywhere I go. His name is inscribed on the inside of the band too. 

9F52DC64-7A99-451E-A3DE-54FE72972239.jpeg

I LOVE this!  What a great idea!  I wish I'd thought of it before we scattered them...

4 hours ago, April Ballou said:

I still wear my wedding ring

20220623_105529~3.jpg

Beautiful!

Here's ours! Infinity symbol, inside: Soulmates thru all time

rings-2 sm.jpg

• Like 2

• Members
Dragonfly999
1 hour ago, April Ballou said:

@Dragonfly999 I gave his wedding ring to our son.  He didn't have a wedding ring when he got married so I let him have it until he gets one.

That’s a very sweet gesture.

• Members
April Ballou
14 minutes ago, Dragonfly999 said:

That’s a very sweet gesture.

I feel like it will be like his dad is always with him

• Like 1

• Members

I have my late husband Robert's wedding band on my left index finger also and I've gained weight in our 15 years apart so I wear my rings on my left pinky finger. I gave John a silver chain I had bought for myself. He saw me putting it on after I bought it and asked if he could have it. I said sure and he put it on his neck and never took it off. When he passed I put it back on my neck and it will never go anywhere. Everytime I saw him playing with it I thought yeah thats my chain and he is my person. We were meant to find each other through our hell on earth. We did and we were each other's person. No matter what he will always be with me. I love yalls bands and the ring you got @Dragonfly999 is beautiful.  If I could afford something like that I would. There's a company that has his finger print and I picked out something i like but its very expensive and it's going to take me a while to save up for it but I WILL get it as soon as possible.  Then his unique finger print will walk around with me. I know I have the chain and honestly that's enough for me. It really is but I would enjoy being able to have his print with me. 

• Like 1