Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my dad is dying

Daddys girl kw

• Members
Daddys girl kw

i don’t think in my wildest nightmare i would be in this situation i feel suffocated all the time all the time .. the pain is physical not just emotional, my dad laying on his death bed after a failed heart bypass surgery.. regain consciousness for 2 days not being able to talk or move , only communicate with signs.. lost his consciousness again 2 days ago and back on ventilator… i knew it’s over when he didn’t respond to me 2 days ago … the GRIEF.. LIKE GIANT WAVES CRASHING ON MY BODY NOT BEING ABLE TO LET IT GO THROUGH ME .. it’s just CRASHING ON MY BODY NOT BEING ABLE TO LET IT GO THROUGH ME … my dad was the best dad i am so close to him SO CLOSE TO HIM .. always going back to him for matters of life .. i am 38 i feel like a 3 years old who will never be able to be with her dad again .. nothing anyone would say would make this better i’m not looking for empathy or compassion or anything… i just want it to be known … even though i am a woman of faith that got me through a lot .. i’m sure i’m going to survive this .. but let it be known the food will taste different the flowers will smell different life will forever be different for this daddy’s girl

i hope he is rested and in transition for a better place …

• Sad 3
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members
Daddys girl kw

my dad’s heart stopped last night suddenly and they resuscitate him, just came back from the hospital , i went in talked to him he opened his eyes but he wasn’t there i don’t know how to describe the situation he is listening to me aware of my presence but he is not there fully either i don’t know his eyes , i never saw his eyes like this … aaaahhhhhhh … i just hope he is in peace i hope he’s not feeling any pain …life is weird 

• Sad 3

• Members
MomsLovingSon
13 hours ago, Daddys girl kw said:

my dad’s heart stopped last night suddenly and they resuscitate him, just came back from the hospital , i went in talked to him he opened his eyes but he wasn’t there i don’t know how to describe the situation he is listening to me aware of my presence but he is not there fully either i don’t know his eyes , i never saw his eyes like this … aaaahhhhhhh … i just hope he is in peace i hope he’s not feeling any pain …life is weird 

If I can offer some advice: just keep talking to him when you're there with him. Maybe he'll be able to hear and understand you, maybe he won't, but trust me when I say that after he does pass away you'll be glad that you did. I talked to my my mom lots - without her being able to give any sort of response whatsoever - when I went in to see her even though she was sedated and on a tube; she was on it for around a week before she passed away and I was talking to her right in her ear almost down to the last second that she was breathing. I still feel like I missed saying things to her that I wanted to (I assume everyone has this happen,) but at least knowing that I said a lot of what I needed to say to her with the chance that she could hear it helps a little bit. It doesn't make her death any less painful, but I always will be able to know that I was with her and having one last talk, if that makes sense.

• Hugs 1

• Members
Phoenix-Kat

Hi daddy’s girl, 

I am so very sorry about your dad. I understand how you feel. I recently lost my dad and I also feel like I am a little kid again needing my dad so badly. 
I am sending you hugs!! 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Daddys girl kw

thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my post .. i really appreciate it .. i don’t feel isolated and alone .. thank you for your advice i will keep talking to him .. it’s so weird to see ur parent ur rock in 1 month become crippled, vulnerable and in need of others ..the heartbreak but i finally let sadness wash through me .. instead of resisting the sadness i let it in .. still heartbroken but i feel calm,  sad and calm .

• Hugs 1

• Members
Daddys girl kw

my dad died 6 hours ago 

i’m shattered i don’t know what to say 

there is no words there is no words

• Sad 1

• Members
Daddys girl kw

i’m sitting in my living room alone it’s 2:24 am 

is this real or a nightmare !! how can i be a wife or a mother i’m shattered 

i thought it would be easier since he’s been in the icu for days but no , no it’s not 

i can’t stop thinking about him 

when will some one breath again after this ? when 

• Sad 1

• Members
Lost_In_It_All

Take a deep breath in...hold...out. Slowly. Repeat. 

You can do this. All of this. One step at a time. Your loss is immense, that's why the grief is so large. Do what you can, as you can. If you need to cry, cry. If you need to be alone, be alone. Ask for what you need when you can identify it. Take your time. Most of all, be kind to you. You are doing the best you can. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Hi daddy's girl, please know people all over the planet are thinking of you. Lost my Mummy 3 months ago today, could not even say goodbye to her as nobody told me she was in the hospita, she died alone. You did the very best for your dad and I am sure  he felt your presence. You made his transition as easy as possible, just by being there. I try to soothe myself by thinking that from the outside we see someone take their last breath - that is if we are there - and maybe it looks hard what they are going through  - to us with human eyes and our rational brain.

Maybe for them the good part starts when their breathing stops, because they go into the light and are relieved of all their bodily burdens and pain. My mother, from what I have heard, was also on a tube, she had a hard time breathing. I try to imagine that when her heart stopped, it must have been like flying, as if someone took a giant weight away from her chest. Maybe this is the good part of the journey, even if we cannot see it from the outside, at least I hope it is.

This is not to say that you're loss is not immense and you will, like all of us, be in disbelieve that he is not coming home again. For me, it has been 3 months and I still think she's just on vacation. A change this grand takes time. Just know you can reach out any time to this community. Here are the people who know exactly how you feel. You will get up in the morning and wonder how the world keeps turning and nobody has stopped it from just going about like business as usual, because your world has changed in such unknown dimensions.

I am sending much love and strength to you. You did the best you could do for your daddy and he is watching you from above and thanking you, I am sure. I'm sure he'd want to tell you that he is safe and in a good place without pain now. Big hug!

• Hugs 2

• Members
Daddys girl kw

thank you for your kind words it really made my heart smile 

THANK YOU 

may you always have peace in your heart 🌷💕