End Stage Liver Disease

• Members
gruvingal

My husband is now almost bed bound.  His legs and feet are swelling and his blood work doesn't look good.  We have been trying to get a hospital bed for him and if he qualifies for Hospice then he will have it.  If not we will get his doctor to order one.  At the same time, his father is being put on Hospice and is dying from COPD.  The past two years have really done a number on me.  I look a lot older.  I am way more depressed.  But by the grace of God I seem to hold it together.  It seems selfish to say but when this is all over I am going on a real vacation.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear gruvingal,

Sorry for everything you've had to go through. You're so right and it does take a toll being a caregiver and going through grief. It's okay to remember you have feelings and needs and wants too. We are doing the best we can and sometimes we have to remember to care for ourselves too.

Sending all my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.