Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Halloween

SadRN

• Members

I always took my son to see my dad on Halloween and we took pictures. He always looked forward to seeing him dressed up in his costume- a proud "Poppy". And this year he is not here. My son is so excited about Halloween, and I can't wait to take him trick-or-treating, but there will definitely be something missing. Why are holidays so hard? Anyone else experiencing this?

• Members

I always took my son to see my dad on Halloween and we took pictures. He always looked forward to seeing him dressed up in his costume- a proud "Poppy". And this year he is not here. My son is so excited about Halloween, and I can't wait to take him trick-or-treating, but there will definitely be something missing. Why are holidays so hard? Anyone else experiencing this?

Awwww. Is this your first Halloween without your dad? I always miss my Dad on Thanksgiving because he was so particular about how the food was cooked. He was an excellent cook, and he did most of the preparations until he got too sick to care. LOL. I can still hear him hollering to my mom from his chair about exactly what to put in and on the turkey. LOL.

If you can, try to dwell on the happy memories. It's good that your son is handling all of this well. I will be thinking of you,

ModKonnie

Archived