Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My grandma ( who raised me and is pretty much my mom) just died and I don’t know what to do

dxrkhaze

• Members

I don’t even know what to write here I was just desperate to find some kind of forum or community or anything. It was so sudden. My life isn’t together at all, and this just makes it worse and I don’t know if I’ll ever recover or get over it or what to do, aside from my sister there was no one in this world I loved more, I just want some help or something from people who understand or I don’t know this post I don’t know I just don’t know it’s only been like an hour and I just don’t know. 

• Sad 2

• Members
StephanieWlf

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm going through the same thing you are. My grandparents raised me to, they are my world. I lost my grandmother last month to a heart attack. She was my mother. It's been coming in waves. But this week is particularly hard with mothers day coming up. Decorations everywhere, commercials. I can't just shut it off or out. I don't have anyone to talk to and I don't have family I'm close to. I'm struggling. My grandfather is slowly withering away and I can't stop it. I'm scared I'm gonna lose him to. They were together for 49 years. I'm so scared I'm gonna lose my whole world. I don't know if I can comfort you. But you're not alone. I'm so so sorry. 

• Sad 2

• Members
Valerie Lockhart

Dear  dxrkhaze,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. I was very close to my Granny as well and watched her take her last breath. It's an image that will never be erased from my memory. What has helped me to cope with the death of both my parents and grandparents is the Bible's promise of a time when God “will swallow up death forever.” *—Isaiah 25:8. I also found comfort from reading the Bible and praying to God for help. The Bible urges us: “Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, and he himself will sustain you.” (Psalm 55:22) If talking out your feelings with a sympathetic friend can help, how much more will pouring out your heart to “the God of all comfort” help you! — 2 Corinthians 1:3.May the God of comfort strengthen you during your time of need. 

• Like 1