Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My cat was brutally killed today

Heartbroken andrea

• Members
Heartbroken andrea

My sweet sweet 3 year old kitty was in our backyard sunbathing today. The neighbors dogs chewed threw the fence and killed her. I feel so terrible thinking g about the end of her life. She was the most loving baby you have ever met

Screenshot_20220501-183326_Gallery.jpg

I feel crazy. I've been crying for the past 9 hours. It's such a deep heartbreak. 

• Like 1
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members
Eternalsoul

So sorry this happened. She's in Heaven now. It's horrible when these things happen. She's so cute. I hope you find comfort in knowing she still lives on. 

• Like 1

• Members
Eternalsoul

I don't know if I personally can help. Sometimes the pain is so much. Do you believe in the afterlife? Perhaps give her a burial or whichever way you prefer and make her something to place there. She's not in her body anymore but her spirit truly lives on. 

True love never dies and from the photo you can tell she loves you dearly. This isn't the end. I find that talking to my cat helps me because I truly believe she's listening. 

I also pray everyday and when I pray I ask God to protect my fur babies. 

Not sure what your beliefs are but mine are that they still exist. 

610d87c4854e23be08a70b9c10457c03.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Eternalsoul said:

610d87c4854e23be08a70b9c10457c03.jpg

I love this, first time I've seen it applied to pets, I believe!

• Hugs 1

• Members
foreverhis

@Heartbroken andrea I wanted to say how sorry I am for both you and your sweet girl. She has fur and coloring so much like our beloved Penny (red tabby Persian with a petite, not squished, face) that my heart skipped a beat.

This is incredibly traumatic for you. Any anger you have is completely justified. I don’t know if it’s something you can do where you live, but if so, please consider reporting those dogs. If they are so vicious as to chew through a fence to attack your innocent girl, I bet they would do it again to other animals or humans. I am a dog (and cat) lover and am disgusted that the owners didn’t train their dogs properly and stop this. I have never in my life had a dog that would attack like that, obviously unprovoked.

Please be kind to yourself, trying to remember that this is not your fault. My heart aches knowing the raw, devastating grief you feel now. My husband and I both have faith that animals go to heaven, to the next world beyond this one, and that they are healed, strong, and happy waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge. I’m certain it exists, even if it’s not exactly how our limited understanding sees it. A tiny consolation for me when my husband died was believing with my whole heart that our most beloved and special Penny and Charlie (Keeshond) were waiting to welcome him in joyous reunion.

Your love will be there for you too, when it’s your time. Until then, I know your life is forever changed. It takes time and support to walk this painful journey. You are not alone. We know; we understand; we are here for you.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Heartbroken andrea

Thank you so much for responding. This is such a huge sadness. It feels like it's never going to lift. We called the police and filed all the stuff. I'm just ready for a bit of relief. 

• Like 1
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members
foreverhis

I'm so glad you called the police.  Those dogs are clearly dangerous and your sweet cat lost her life because of it.  I'm so sorry, though I know those words don't mean all that much right now.

I urge you to let yourself grieve, let your emotions simply be what they are.  Likely you will soon start to have small moments of relief.  Over time you should be able to think of your girl and remember all that was wonderful, loving, fun, and everything else good.  There's no straight line and no "start here" and "end here."  Your grief will be unique to you and there is no right or wrong way to go through it.

Deep grief simply cannot be circumvented or rushed.  But that doesn't mean it stays the same.  It is a journey, a painful one to be sure and one you will not walk alone.  Please come here to talk, rant, and "scream" if that's what you need to do.  Tell us memories if/when you're ready of your life together.  Sometimes that helps. We are here and we will listen. ((HUGS))

• Like 1

• Members
CharliesM0m2012

I am so sorry for your loss and it must’ve been so hard to watch this horrible scene unfold and your cat to sadly not survive it.

I’ve just come across this grieving forum, a little by accident, really, but I’m glad I joined. I have just had to have my lovely sweet, black terrier dog who was 9, PTS because she had serious cancer.  I am devastated I’m in floods of tears daily, I don’t eat, I don’t sleep normally now because my Charlie girl would sleep next to me like a little guardian. 

• Like 1
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members
Eternalsoul

The pain feels like its neverending but I believe in the afterlife. That's the only thing that gets me through. That and my relationship with God. I never had one before this. I'm not one of those people who preaches and does hypocrite things. I'm not perfect but none of us are. I make bad choices and mistakes but yeah..... 

Faith is what gets me through.

She's such a beautiful girl. She's still beautiful in spirit. Have you tried talking to her? 

There's nothing I can really say to ease your pain but I hope you know she still exist and in a better place. I know it sounds cheesy but I know for a fact. 

@charliesmom

You've come to the right place. Everyone here understands. 

It's a hard path to face. Do you believe in the afterlife?

• Like 1

• Members
CharliesM0m2012
14 minutes ago, Eternalsoul said:

The pain feels like its neverending but I believe in the afterlife. That's the only thing that gets me through. That and my relationship with God. I never had one before this. I'm not one of those people who preaches and does hypocrite things. I'm not perfect but none of us are. I make bad choices and mistakes but yeah..... 

Faith is what gets me through.

She's such a beautiful girl. She's still beautiful in spirit. Have you tried talking to her? 

There's nothing I can really say to ease your pain but I hope you know she still exist and in a better place. I know it sounds cheesy but I know for a fact. 

@charliesmom

You've come to the right place. Everyone here understands. 

It's a hard path to face. Do you believe in the afterlife?

@Eternalsoul - it’s a painful and horrible time for this family about now; I believe there is some doer of afterlife yes   - I think we have to wait for a while though to see it 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
On 5/3/2022 at 6:03 PM, Heartbroken andrea said:

We called the police and filed all the stuff.

I hope they do something about the situation!  No one else should have to suffer the same as you're going through. :(

• Members
foreverhis

I saw the first one posted somewhere a while back.  A dear friend sent me the second one on a day I was frustrated and upset with the way some people callously expect us to just "get over it."  They are both so true.  I find them comforting.

Piece of my heart.jpg

Understand grief.jpeg

• Like 1