Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My heart feels broken now

LoveYouMommy

• Members
LoveYouMommy

My mom passed away in December. She was diagnosed with metastatic cancer the month before. 
Im 28 & I have a 4 year old. Also have 3 younger siblings (12, 14, 15) to look after now. Our dads haven’t been around much or at all. So I really need to cope with this well and be strong for the family. 
But the entire way it all happened has really been devastating to me. It has hurt my heart so badly. It feels like my soul is injured. 
I want to start online therapy or something like that. I really need help coming to terms with this. It’s too tragic. I miss my mom horribly bad and this was my worst fear come true. It hurts.

Where do I begin how do I get better after this? 

• Sad 2

• Members

Dear LoveYouMommy,

I am truly sorry for the loss of your Mom. To have a diagnosis and then death not long after is shocking and devastating. You have a lot going on too, taking care of your own child and siblings. Do you have any support at all? A partner, friends, extended family etc? I understand you want to be strong for them, but you need to care for yourself as well. Online therapy sounds like it could help and resources like this website are great too. Everyone has the same thing in common and you may feel less alone as you connect with others here. 

Losing a parent is one of the hardest losses and no matter what, we're never truly prepared. Even though we are adults, it can feel completely destabilizing without them. My parents and brother have all passed and it feels strange and scary navigating this world without them. My mom died in 2019, just before Covid but it still feels raw at times. Please give yourself time and take care of yourself during your grief journey. I found writing to my mom in the form of a journal really helped me on difficult days. Thinking  of you. Xo