Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Strange things happening?

taurusgirl93

• Members

My father passed away almost 4 weeks ago. We had him cremated and he was buried today. I didn't really know if it was appropriate to post this on here but I need someone to tell. After we got home from the burial I layed down on my dads couch. I was laying there for a couple minutes and my mom was sitting on the other couch. The lamp beside my dads couch turned on by itself. I got up and shut it off. As soon as I sat down it turned back on that happened twice. My mom was crying. The third time it shut off before I got to it and that was it. I turned it on and off, nothing else happened. A little later we went to the store and I was going to get out of the car and my door locked. I said mom why did you lock the door? She said I didnt. The keys werent even in her hand. Nothing like that has ever happened. And recently I was sitting on the floor in the living room and all the brooms and mops fell over in the kitchen. Is it just my imagination over reacting or what?

• Members

Brooke, I think it could your dad reaching out to you and your mom. There is no way to know for sure of course but it sounds like that is what you are thinking. If I passed on I know I would try to send a message to my children that I was still there for them and watching over them. I have had feelings that my mom is close but no signs like you mention. I wish I did. My mom before she passed would tell us that she saw some of our relatives who had passed on in the room there with her. She also saw her own mother years ago appear at the foot of her bed telling her good-bye. This happened immediately after her mother had passed but several hours before she was notified of the death. When the phone rang that morning she turned to my father and said they are calling to tell me my mother is dead. I believe these things are true despite never having experienced them myself. I think that love can be stronger than that which separates the living form those who have passed on. I hope these sign provide comfort to you that your dear dad is still with you and looking over you. Take care. ~Terra

• Members

Brooke,

I am very sorry about the loss of your father. I hear stories all the time about experiences such as yours. I have no doubt it is NOT your imagination. I don't know how everything works, but I do believe there is a spirit world.

You have come to the right place, and you are more than welcome to share your story here. Come tell us all about your dad, and even feel free to share a picture if you'd like.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

My father passed away almost 4 weeks ago. We had him cremated and he was buried today. I didn't really know if it was appropriate to post this on here but I need someone to tell. After we got home from the burial I layed down on my dads couch. I was laying there for a couple minutes and my mom was sitting on the other couch. The lamp beside my dads couch turned on by itself. I got up and shut it off. As soon as I sat down it turned back on that happened twice. My mom was crying. The third time it shut off before I got to it and that was it. I turned it on and off, nothing else happened. A little later we went to the store and I was going to get out of the car and my door locked. I said mom why did you lock the door? She said I didnt. The keys werent even in her hand. Nothing like that has ever happened. And recently I was sitting on the floor in the living room and all the brooms and mops fell over in the kitchen. Is it just my imagination over reacting or what?

First of all, I am very sorry about the loss of your father. I miss my Dad every second of every day. I had similar strange experiences after he passed, some which can't possibly be coincidence... I'll post about them at some point soon. You're not crazy.

• Members

I am very sorry for your loss. I wish I had some kind of sign. I still talk to my dad most days as if he can hear me. I wish I knew he could. Take care of yourself and keep posting. We are all here to support each other.

• Members

It's not strange at all. My G'ma has proven to me several times that she's still here watching over me. So many things have happened where I could have gotten severely injured, etc, and I believe she's watching over me now. Also, I had an out of body experience after her death where she told me she missed me. I have also had her visit me a few times, she's sat next to me while I'm driving and has visited me and told me what to do once when I was in an unsafe situation. Stuff like that. It sounds insane to the average person, but those who have lost someone know that they do visit us and do odd stuff like that.

• Members

My mother just passed 3 weeks ago, The night of her 1st viewing I was exausted..Came home took care of my 3 kids and began to get undressed from the long day. When I went into my room I noticed that me ceiling fan was on.Strange I thought..I don't remember leaving that on when I left the house. I turned it off. My husband came into the room to undress, I told him about the fan being on..he didn't know why it was on either. He no sooner walked out of the room and it came back on..I stood there looking at it..and I called him back in.He shut it off and left a 2nd time..a few mins later it was on..I laughed a bit and knew it was my mom messing with me...Yes, they do come back in one way or another..to let us know they are with us...BTW: the fan has NOT been back on!

Warm thoughts to you my dear during this hard time! Hugs, Barb

Archived