Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mom

Beck16

• Members

My mom died of cancer a day and a half ago. A month ago we didn’t know she was sick. A week ago she fell and we found out in the ER it was the cancer killing her. Her first oncology appointment was a week and a half ago and they told her all they could do was call hospice. 
I am already so tired of being told how to grieve. 
I’m sure I’m still in shock but I can feel the size of the pain starting to hit me and I don’t know how to take it. I don’t know how to process anything I just went through. There aren’t words for it. 

I guess I just don’t know what to do. Being around people who aren’t experiencing grief just…insufferable? I feel so mean, but I can’t stand it. I feel so so alone, and I can’t call my mom. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

So sorry about your loss. I lost my mom 2 weeks ago. She had cancer and was going  through chemo when she suddenly passed. 

im still in disbelieve. I feel like I’ll wake up tomorrow and I’ll call her and she will answer.  But I have heard her voice in 2 weeks. 

im not sure how it will be for you but for me it has gotten a little better with time. The first few days were very emotional. But now it’s less. There things that will trigger it here and there but better. 

I hope you get through. It’s tough. My advice would be to try to take care of your. Eat well exercise go out for walk and get some sun and fresh air.  Talk to relatives or friends. It can help. Those things have been helping me and I hope it helps you too

• Thanks 1

• Members

Hi Beck16,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. We have to take one day at a time. For me, it's been 6 months since I talked to my beloved mother. I can no longer hear her voice or listen to her nagging. I really miss her so much, I think of her every single day.

Sometimes, I just feel that I still have her around me, Sometimes, I can cry so badly. After crying, we have to continue living.

Take good care of youself. Try to eat well as we all know our desire to eat is low when we grief.

• Hugs 1

• Members
MomsLovingSon

Very sorry for you loss, Beck. I understand the feelings you mentioned especially at the end of your post. I lost my mom 3 weeks ago and I know that the first few days or so don't even feel real. It felt like a terrible dream. It's worse when you have people around you who aren't on the same wavelength, it's worse than being alone. I hope that you have some people in real life that you can lean on for support right now. Don't feel bad about asking them for help, any reasonable person should be able to understand how devastating something like losing a parent is even if they're fortunate enough to have theirs. Grieve the way that you need to whether that's to hole yourself up at home for a few weeks with nothing but a box of tissues or to be on here or both. For your own sake, try to stay healthy (try to eat even though your appetite will likely barely exist, brush your teeth, etc.)

• Thanks 1