Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New unofficial chat room (and a place to go if the site is down for any length of time)

widower2

• Moderators

Thank you!  I couldn't get in again this morning, just got an error message.

• Members

Thank you so much for this. The site was down for me almost the whole day yesterday.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I hope they're done with upgrades for a while!  I always worry about the newcomers when this happens. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

If anyone is interested, I'll be there for a bit....as usual, not getting to bed as early as I should... 

• Moderators

I went to it but it said page not found, tried a couple more times, same thing, so I deleted it.  I'll check this one out.

• Moderators

I saw that you made it in :)   now if we can only find a time to be there at the same time..........

• Like 1

• Members

Um...so I 'Googled', "What is chatzy.com?"     Important to us here is that it says, "- create your own chatroom and invite people by email" -- which I take to mean that the 'room' is time-sensitive,and gets deleted after each 'session' (which, I guess, is when the last person logs out.)    (I'm only guessing here, don't know for sure.)   On the other side, "chatzy" does not enjoy a reputation for more-serious connections.

I will see (Google) if I can find any free-to-use online service that offers a permanent 'open space' that we can set up, and be always available to just check-in at any time, and will post here if I do find anything. (If no update; nothing found that might assist in this goal.)     Ronni

• Moderators

This site is permanent and does not get deleted after a session...the only "catch" is that it must be used at least once every so often (don't know the time limit but I've gone back to it as long as a week or two of inactivity and it was still there).

I have no idea what "does not enjoy a reputation for more-serious connections" even means. It's a fairly basic but good chat site. Free, no registration required.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, widower2 said:

It's a fairly basic but good chat site. Free, no registration required.

I thank you for posting it because when this site was inaccessible for the better part of a week, it was tough on all of us.  I've saved the chat site but forget to check in regular enough so may get booted off again. ;)  I need a bimonthly reminder!

• Like 1

• Moderators

ha! I try to remember to pop in once in awhile Kay, but I'm such a spacehead :)  

NOTE:  the URL has changed; I guess they expire them more quickly now than they used to. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

pffft

Well I've updated the OP with a new link and will try to log in at least once a week to keep it active.........

• Members
On 6/5/2022 at 8:58 PM, widower2 said:

I have no idea what "does not enjoy a reputation for more-serious connections" even means.

When I looked it up, it said that 'chatzy' was mostly known for being a site for s3x chats. However, it it's working as a stable platform where the link stays the same, then that's of no problem or concern, really; but it's to what I was referring.

• Like 1

• Members

OK. Which chat room are we using. Can someone please send me the link. Thus site was down for me fir hours the other day and I really could've used and ear/eye. 

• Moderators
On 6/22/2022 at 2:14 AM, Ronni_W said:

When I looked it up, it said that 'chatzy' was mostly known for being a site for s3x chats. However, it it's working as a stable platform where the link stays the same, then that's of no problem or concern, really; but it's to what I was referring.

Sorry, I don't know what that means either...but it's just a place where you can create your own private chat room for whatever you want. It's like a blank slate, basically. And it is a stable site, but again it just needs to be active (used often enough) or it goes away. I am trying to log in every once in awhile so that doesn't happen. 

The link at the top is still the correct link FYI....but looks like folks aren't using it much, of course it's hard to know when people are going there, which is why I try to mention it when I am. If nothing else, you can leave a msg and try back later, or let people know in this thread when you'll be there. 

• Members
On 6/22/2022 at 6:48 AM, KayC said:

I don't know what s3x chats are.

So sorry, KayC. I honestly wasn't meaning to be obscure. 's3x' = sex. When I Googled 'chatzy' a month or so ago, that was what came up, about it -- I forget the exact wording. Clearly it's not coming up for the rest of you...and I have no idea why it did show up for only me. (I *swear* that I don't have any such stuff in my 'search history'...at least, not for the past couple of decades. <LOL>.)

I'm about to age myself like crazy, but why back in the "olden times" of home-based Internet, there actually were sites more-or-less geared to, or targeting, people looking for online sex chats. (Way back then, I did explore those...but, like I said, not very recently.)     Love, laughs and hugs to all,  Ronni

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Huh?  When I google it, this is what it displays:  (I've no clue why you got something different!)  Maybe Google was off it's meds...

chatzy.JPG

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Well I've been in this chat several times and not a single person has propositioned me. I'm offended! :angry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Members
On 6/30/2022 at 8:11 AM, KayC said:

Huh?  When I google it, this is what it displays:  (I've no clue why you got something different!)  Maybe Google was off it's meds..

Hi KayC.

No worries....it's me who keeps forgetting to 'take my meds', as it were. As I said way a long time ago, if this link will prove permanent//stable, then I truly have no care or worry if it also attracts people who just want to proposition us.  widower2, yes indeed I would be also offended to be not propositioned by all of the weirdos and other weirdos out there. Fortunately, though, we do have KayC looking out for us, as she did with outing that weirdo from about a month or so ago. (I forget his name/avatar.)  Love and hugs to you both. I trust that you're all doing okay this 'Canada Day' (1 July) and 4th-of-July' holiday long weekend.  May the Force (fourth) be with all of use.  Ronni

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hey Ronni, not sure if it's clear so FYI: 

- This link is as permanent/stable as it gets if it is accessed often enough (so as not to be flagged as inactive and disappearing)
- This chat site is only available to people who see this thread (or are given the URL by those who do). The URL is randomly generated...so it's not like it's listed or searchable anywhere else on the internet. So the odds of some "weirdos" randomly accessing the site are close to zero.  

Hope you're having a great weekend!  

• Like 2

• Members

Hi widower2, I did go to log-in -- think I am still logged in (I *think* <lol>) -- seems like you were there 9 minutes ago. I'm going to 'stay there' for a little bit, and see what happens (Right now, 11:43PM 2 July, New York time)     Ronni

• Like 1

• Moderators

Looks like we just missed each other.........hi from the South :) 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I'm on FWIW, will check back off and on 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Um. Should we try to schedule a time...which I totally get is not the point, aim or goal of having the link or trying to keep it active.  For myself, I tend to log-in on Saturday evenings (Toronto / New York time).  What are other people's 'vulnerable' times?

• Moderators

"evenings" is a little vague :)  If I'm able, I usually log in generally 9-12 Eastern time (which is also kind of vague!). Just missed you tonight 

• Like 1

• Members

widower2, so glad we're connecting.  Anyone who is reading this right now, (1:30AM New York time, 10 July -- so, 9 July middle-of-the-night), please feel free to join in.

• Members
On 7/7/2022 at 9:35 PM, widower2 said:

I'm on FWIW, will check back off and on 

widower2, Thanks so much!  You really helped me to realize a few things about my own self -- it really is amazing how things can 'trigger us', including about what we think (or want to believe) we have long ago 'put to bed', as it were. It definitely is worth contemplating. Thanks again, and wishing you all the best, Ronni.

• Moderators

Thanks, good to catch you on chat, yes it's all a learning process...hopefully more of us will connect there...!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm on for awhile FWIW will check back off and on 

• Members
On 4/11/2022 at 6:49 PM, widower2 said:

http://www.chatzy.com/97518119265755

Free, no registration or anything else required. I'd just ask you use your same name as you do here, or something very similar.

<BUMP>      I don't know the technology, but thinking that we need to not let this link get forgotten. (If someone here has an 'in' with the protectors of this site, maybe you can get them to 'pin' this link across each and every forum and sub-forum topic?)

For me, one of the great features is that it is not 'time-zone constrained'.  So, if I am feeling a need to connect with someone in the middle of night in Toronto (Canada), it's still quite possible that there is someone in Sydney, Australia who may be online at the same time.

Do people have technical questions, or just not interested in 'real time conversation'?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hey I'm glad to see it get some use! I'll contact Kelly and ask if this can be pinned. 

• Like 1

• Members
On 8/18/2022 at 10:32 AM, widower2 said:

Hey I'm glad to see it get some use! I'll contact Kelly and ask if this can be pinned. 

widower2, just to let you know that I have been able to connect with a couple of people there, and it was extremely nice. It will be great if the link does get pinned, or else we'll just need to keep 'bumping' it 🙂 so that this resource / way of being able to connect with each other in real time, does not get 'lost in the shuffle', so to speak.

I am about to age myself like crazy -- oh, well...it's for a good cause <lol> -- but it's just very much like the old IRC, or text-based chat. (Well, maybe it's exactly like texting - except while 'sitting in the same room' as the person with whom one is texting??? I don't know, cos I don't text. But, IRC was 'real-time texting', as far as the technology is concerned. I think. For some things, I have no probs that I'm also like a 'current-day day {technology} dinosaur'. No probs at all.)

Love and hugs, fellow grievers. ❤️.   Ronni

• Like 1

• Members
On 4/11/2022 at 6:49 PM, widower2 said:

http://www.chatzy.com/97518119265755

Free, no registration or anything else required. I'd just ask you use your same name as you do here, or something very similar.

<Bump>.

I don't know how to help to maybe/hopefully get this link pinned. (If there's something for me to do, please let me know.)

More often than not, I do click on the above link, enter a username, and then "go into the chat space/room", but no-one else is there...or I've missed someone by like 3 or 10 minutes. So sad...in a disappointing kind of way. Because I've also enjoyed those chats that I have been able to have, when another and I just so happen to log-in over there, at the same time.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I already asked the staff; will post when I hear something back. Yeah it's hard to catch people at the same time. That's why I suggest posting here if you're going in the room, so people will know. 

• Like 2

• Members
22 hours ago, widower2 said:

That's why I suggest posting here if you're going in the room, so people will know.

That's a good idea! I'll go over there now. (8:45PM Toronto time; 3 September 2022.)

• Moderators

It's the largest city in Canada, Eastern side.  There is a Toronto in Ohio, but I'd assume she means Canada.

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

Yeah I know what Toronto is :)  Just not up on time zone translations there. I thought time zones were standard across countries, like "Eastern time" means a certain time zone regardless of where you are. 

• Like 1