Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• DWS

• John9

• Canadagirl81

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
20 hours ago, foreverhis said:

We had so many little "couple things" that only we understood.  Sometimes all it took was a raised eyebrow and a gesture from across the room and I'd be smiling and even giggling like a school girl.  I miss the small, simple pleasure of those moments.

Exactly. (I don't think I ever giggled like a school girl, but you get the point)  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
3 hours ago, Gagarina Nath said:

.i might start painting these moments some day when i can . 

That is a wonderful idea Gagarina!

• Like 3

• Members
On 3/29/2022 at 9:12 PM, widower2 said:

Exactly. (I don't think I ever giggled like a school girl, but you get the point)  

It would be okay if you giggled like a school boy who has just realized girls are special.:wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Members

Weekends can be very hard. I know that I need to there for my daughter. That thought alone grounds me, and channels my energy the majority of the time. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Thanks - mostly it's been lyrics. They come a lot easier for me than the music, which I'm far less adept at, but working on. I hope to record some eventually. (Fortunately, hardware and software to do so has gotten a lot better and a lot cheaper....).

• Like 4

• Moderators
10 hours ago, widower2 said:

I'm a closet composer myself (can't have enough songs about closets).

Haha, I love your sense of humor!

I don't understand how you all got on here yesterday, I tried daytime and last night, nope, down for upgrade.:wacko2:  Have missed it this weekend!  

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 4/4/2022 at 9:56 AM, KayC said:

Haha, I love your sense of humor!

I don't whether to be flattered or worried for you - maybe both??  ;)   

Glad you're back! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I've been here every day, the site has been unavailable several times.

• Like 1

• Members

I've also been having problems the last few days with the site.

• Like 2

• Members
3 hours ago, Sparky1 said:

I've also been having problems the last few days with the site.

Me too. It started a couple of days after the server migration was completed. So I checked one of the “Is a website down” sites that does a ping test. The result came back as “It’s up; it’s just you.”

Hm… I deleted the bookmark on my computer and typed just the plain grieving.com address. It popped up right away, but I was no longer logged in. I logged in from scratch and then it was fine. I’m on my phone right now and the same thing happened, so I deleted the “frequently used” tab and went in fresh. Same result. I got right in, but had to log in from scratch. We’ll see if I stay logged in and if the new bookmarks work.

It is possible that the new server has a slightly different address path. Even one tiny thing different would corrupt the old bookmark.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 4/6/2022 at 9:20 AM, KayC said:

I've been here every day, the site has been unavailable several times.

KayC,

I found I had to alter my bookmark, and remove forums because it kept telling me it wasn't available.

• Like 1

• Members
2 hours ago, foreverhis said:

Hm… I deleted the bookmark on my computer and typed just the plain grieving.com address. It popped up right away, but I was no longer logged in. I logged in from scratch and then it was fine. I’m on my phone right now and the same thing happened, so I deleted the “frequently used” tab and went in fresh. Same result. I got right in, but had to log in from scratch. We’ll see if I stay logged in and if the new bookmarks work.

It is possible that the new server has a slightly different address path. Even one tiny thing different would corrupt the old bookmark.

foreverhis,

I had the same issue too. I also wanted to comment on the topic. I too miss many things about my loving wife. BUT the other day I was cutting my toenails, and it made me very sad, because for most of the 35 years we were together I always cut my loving wife's toenails. It was just something I did and she enjoyed, the last 10 years or so I also shaved her legs for her, because it was easier on her back (so she said). I miss every little thing that made US and I hate being ME now. WE should still be in this together but are not.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
6 hours ago, foreverhis said:

and typed just the plain grieving.com address

That's how I got in as well. Usually the browser on my phone saves the most visited sites.  So when I clicked to search in the address bar of the browser, it was refusing the connection on my saved address for this particular forum.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I can login just fine for the past 2 days. I typed in grieving.com as well, the last time (as the login detail is saved every time I visit the site).

• Like 1

• Members
1 hour ago, Sparky1 said:

That's how I got in as well. Usually the browser on my phone saves the most visited sites.  So when I clicked to search in the address bar of the browser, it was refusing the connection on my saved address for this particular forum.

I think it's entirely possible that the exact server path address is ever so slightly different, so the old bookmarks and saved addresses for the website won't work.  I'm having no problem getting in using the new bookmark I saved yesterday after I logged in "by hand."

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 4/7/2022 at 5:59 AM, Canadagirl81 said:

@KayC last night It was completely down for me. 

I could not get on at all yesterday no matter how early nor after I got home from the valley.  :(  It's hard when you can't get online and touch base with and read everyone's posts. I had to change my bookmarks this morning.  Got a notice in an email and made my way in through it but it didn't show me signed in and didn't like my password!

• Hugs 1

• Members
On 3/28/2022 at 11:02 PM, Jen H said:

He would never get loud during our arguments

I don't know how we were able to stay calm when the other got mad! 

It was a kind of mutual understanding and protection...

As we were telling each other: "i know you need to vent...don't worry i'm here for you!"

Without words, it always worked !

I miss that too!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1