Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my younger brother

Edward19

• Members

Hello.  My name is Eddie. Today is the 17th March (St. Patrick's Day) 2022 and in the early hours of this morning I heard the most terrible news I've ever heard. My younger brother, John, lost his life to a possible heart attack. The family are distraught. I have another brother who I love dearly (I have six actually) and I'm trying to console him. He's my favourite brother because he's always been the main stay who consoled me when I was going through bad times. But my brother John though, who died, was very dear to me and the family. He's the youngest boy out of ten kids. My poor mother is distraught. My father has barely spoken a word because of shock. There's a lot more I could say but I'll wait for a response. I'm looking to speak to people who know what it feels like. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Eddie,

Our deepest sympathies and condolences. I am very sorry for your loss. It's unimaginable to lose a dear brother so young. Please know that everything you are feeling and thinking is normal and natural. 

We are here to listen and offer any support we can. 

• Members

So sorry you have to go through this, it's a hard thing.  My sympathy.  I lost my younger brother to Covid Nov 3, 2021.  It's a shock no matter if there was a month in the hospital or a sudden death.  We are here for you, I have found it helps a little to talk about it.

• Members

It's an agonizing jolt like no other. You are so strong to have endured this and you must remember that. I am sure you agree you are changed forever but really amazing stuff can come from that. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Keep going