Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I AM FAILING TO COPE

Messi

• Members

My older brother passed on in June 2021 and it's still difficult to deal with his death. I reside in a town outside of my parents home and he used to live with them.

I recently started staying with my parents and I am going crazy with the fact that he is not in the house anymore. My room is directly opposite his and whenever I hear the door open my heart jumps. His room is now a storage room, they dont talk about him and I slowly feel he is being erased from the house.

I am full of anxiety, sadness and pain. I cannot talk to any of them because I am a afraid of being too emotional and weak infront of my family especially that I'm now the oldest 

Help!

• Hugs 1

• Members

I lost my older brother in January. We were, what some call, Irish Twins. No we're not Irish, we were just born 13 months apart. We were extremely close and he died very suddenly and without warning. Talking to him one day and can't get a hold of him the next. One more day goes by and his neighbor called with the news. I don't know how to cope without my best friend. It hurts looking in the mirror because all I see is him staring back at me. I dont know what to do. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. I too felt the same way and I couldn’t count on my own family for support during this very sad and difficult time.

I hope you can find some additional resources in the community or through a church. It’s so important to get additional support and help. Please know we are here to listen.