Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing your partner of 19 years to COVID-19

Dave 54

• Members

Struggling to get by after losing my partner of 19 years to COVID-19. Having set at her bedside over 40 day watching while she slowly slipped away. So lost and alone. Plus I'm trying to figure out how to keep our 8 year old daughter on track. She's the one thing that has kept me going. I'm disabled for more than 15 years now and can't do everything required to take proper care of her. So worried and lost, don't know which way to turn. Very little,if any support, seems all those who promised to be there to help me with her have just bailed. Feel I'm not going to be able to handle all of her needs. Need someone to talk to. Praying for the answer. 

• Members

Not sure I have the answer, but I and others may be able to help in the search.

My brother passed Nov 3 after contracting it from a friend in early October.  It was horrible to hear him try to breath before the intubation, and afterwards we had ipad sessions with family and friends talking to him and each other.  I hope he heard us, and I hope it made him feel better.  At the end they said it was safe to visit, I held his hand and cried a little, but could not be present when he passed, I left my 75 yo mother to do that and I'm not sure I can forgive myself for that.