Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Tough Day

KG21

• Members

I am so sorry you are going through this.  Remember you are really early in your journey.  I generally call someone on my ride to and from work. I don't call every time but I do alot of them.  It is just habit. DH and I always called and talked while we were on our way home from work.  I call someone and talk about the "wins" of the day.  Trying to focus on positive.  

I also do something that forces my mind to work.  I make lists of my old teachers, pets, ect.  Maybe try to list the members of your classes from early in your teaching career.  

Many hugs.

• Like 4

• Members

Thank you for the ideas @Tami M. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I’ll try making some lists tomorrow or calling someone. You are right, we used to always call each other on our drives too. Makes sense why my mind automatically goes there. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

In my early years I had a 100 mile commute/day and remember having to pull off the hwy because I couldn't see through my tears.  You are not alone.

15 hours ago, Tami M said:

Trying to focus on positive.

I also do something that forces my mind to work.

I am so sorry you are going through this.  Remember you are really early in your journey.  I generally call someone on my ride to and from work. I don't call every time but I do alot of them.  It is just habit. DH and I always called and talked while we were on our way home from work.  I call someone and talk about the "wins" of the day.  Trying to focus on positive.  

I also do something that forces my mind to work.  I make lists of my old teachers, pets, ect.  Maybe try to list the members of your classes from early in your teaching career.  

Many hugs.

I love all of these ideas!!

• Members

Sorry you had such a hard day @KG21, I think some days just hurt more than others. I have felt like the las couple of days have really taken me to the horrible place I was when my husband first died. At first I thought maybe I was taking a step backward, but then I realized every part of grief is normal. It is the worst to have such sad days though, the pain of grieving the person you loved most is so sharp. I believe and hope in time, the acuteness and sharpness will lessen. While yesterday may have felt like a loss, I think you should consider it a win. Yes you cried and barely made it, but you made it! Against all odds, and with horrible sadness, you still showed up and did your best. One of my favorite mottos is "Do your best and forget the rest." I hope today is better for you, and that tomorrow is another baby step toward the right direction. No matter what that baby step looks like, we are all proud of you and understand what you're going through. Virtual hug!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 3/8/2022 at 1:21 AM, KG21 said:

I cried(wailed) on my drive to work. I haven’t been able to drive without crying yet.

Oh I know, whenever I’m in the car… 

There will be so many ups and downs, you will slowly learn to feel all this emotions. You will change throughout this. You are not alone ❤️

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1