Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I keep having the same dream

teaav

• Members

My mother passed away 9 years ago, I was 19 at the time.

I used to dream of her often, and the dream always went something like this: She would suddenly come back after being absent for a couple of years (so, not dead) and I would always have the same realisation in the dream: "She didn't die, just living somewhere else, but she's back now."

In these dreams, she left because we caused her pain and now she's back, she's angry at/displeased with us.

I shared this recurring dream with my then bf, and he said: "You feel guilty.",and I stopped having that dream. Still happens sometimes, but less frequent. I would love to dream of my mother happy, talking and laughing with me.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Teaav,

Thank you for sharing your dream with us. I think this is a normal and natural part of everyone's grief journey

I dreamed of my dad too. I begged him to take his medications and he wasn't gone after all. I do have deep guilt about the last year of his life. I too hope that one day I will have a dream where my dad is happy. 

Hope others will come forward and share their experiences too.

• Hugs 1

• Members

My dad passed away December 29, 2021 and while at the beginning, I only dreamt of him on the night he died (I wasn't aware of his death then) and roughly a week after his passing, for the last 2-3 weeks of so, he's been in my dreams every single night! The dreams are so vivid, I don't think I've ever had such vivid dreams my entire life.

About two nights ago, I had a dream he was with his dad, hugging him with a big smile of his face. I don't have any recollection of my grand-father as I was rather young when he died, but I've seen pictures of him. My dad looked so happy in that dream, I was happy for him when I woke up. 

I was estranged from my dad for a couple of years before he passed and we weren't able to reconnect before his passing. Part of me thinks that now that he's gone, he always appears in my dreams to make up for lost time. It's silly, but that's what I tell myself. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

My mom passed away on Jan 30. She visited me in my dreams for the first 13-15 days. Then it stopped for a while and now she visits me in every dream and there is a message in each one of those. I had stopped eating when she passed away, in that time one of dreams was she is forcing me to eat more and adding more stuff to my plate.

I have never had clear dreams prior to this. I think she visits me everyday. I also wake up everyday between 2-5. I have read that that's the time when your loved ones' soul visit you. I am very anxious all the day but at peace during those night hours. So I am sure she visits me. No one else in the family had seen her in their dreams. Her life revolved around me so I think she is visiting me everyday. I love her so much. I don't want to live without her.

• Hugs 1

• Members
On 3/14/2022 at 3:15 AM, reader said:

Dear Teaav,

Thank you for sharing your dream with us. I think this is a normal and natural part of everyone's grief journey

I dreamed of my dad too. I begged him to take his medications and he wasn't gone after all. I do have deep guilt about the last year of his life. I too hope that one day I will have a dream where my dad is happy. 

Hope others will come forward and share their experiences too.

Thanks for sharing. It makes me feel so connected to my pain when I read your replies. Thanks so much, I wish you good luck💗

On 3/15/2022 at 4:27 AM, Lost now said:

My mom passed away on Jan 30. She visited me in my dreams for the first 13-15 days. Then it stopped for a while and now she visits me in every dream and there is a message in each one of those. I had stopped eating when she passed away, in that time one of dreams was she is forcing me to eat more and adding more stuff to my plate.

I have never had clear dreams prior to this. I think she visits me everyday. I also wake up everyday between 2-5. I have read that that's the time when your loved ones' soul visit you. I am very anxious all the day but at peace during those night hours. So I am sure she visits me. No one else in the family had seen her in their dreams. Her life revolved around me so I think she is visiting me everyday. I love her so much. I don't want to live without her.

Thanks so much for sharing. It is soothing to think that this is the time of night when they visit us. I'm sending you hugs 💗

On 3/15/2022 at 12:46 AM, Sydney12 said:

My dad passed away December 29, 2021 and while at the beginning, I only dreamt of him on the night he died (I wasn't aware of his death then) and roughly a week after his passing, for the last 2-3 weeks of so, he's been in my dreams every single night! The dreams are so vivid, I don't think I've ever had such vivid dreams my entire life.

About two nights ago, I had a dream he was with his dad, hugging him with a big smile of his face. I don't have any recollection of my grand-father as I was rather young when he died, but I've seen pictures of him. My dad looked so happy in that dream, I was happy for him when I woke up. 

I was estranged from my dad for a couple of years before he passed and we weren't able to reconnect before his passing. Part of me thinks that now that he's gone, he always appears in my dreams to make up for lost time. It's silly, but that's what I tell myself. 

Thanks so much for sharing 💗 everything that helps us is not silly, I am sending you lots of hugs 🤗

• Members
Pragya vij

My father passed in August, 2020. He had been sick for a while before he passed, had a stroke in Nov, 19. And since then, he had a lot of difficulties, couldn't walk without support for a long time, required constant care. 

I have had a lot of dreams for months, where he always dies in some other way. One was that he returned from the hospital and the doctors said that he'll not get better, others were where he was dying in front of me and I couldn't do anything. 

I hope that in some dream he is happy and that he talks to me. Because of these dreams, I haven't been sleeping well since months.