Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Has anyone gotten a message or a sign from their pet in the afterlife?

magicmiriam

• Members

Please share if you got a sign from your pet from the afterlife.

My dog passed away a month ago and i'm looking everywhere for a sign but haven't received anything.

I need a sign, i'm desperate. 

Maybe he is sending signs i don't recognize.

• Like 1

• Members

I've used an animal communicator,for the past 11 yrs.She works with photos. Also use one I've found online + like both .Let me know if you are interested in working them. You need a paypal acct.I have lost all my cats but for 2.. I am so sorry  for you loss.Let me know if you want to use Emerald DuCoeur so I can walk you thru this. The other is Ellen Scaffer . Both are so easy to work with .If you nee more help let me know.  Debra

• Like 2

• Members

Yes, I believe our Charlie and Penny both sent us signs, but not right away. 

It was maybe 6-8 weeks after Charlie died that two things happened.  First was that I was sitting on the sofa and I could have sworn I felt Charlie "jump up" beside me.  It wasn't as if the sofa actually moved, but like a presence for a few minutes.  Second, which happened often for nearly a year, was when I was in the kitchen preparing carrots for dinner.  I felt a cold nose and warm breathe touch the back of my knee.  It was so powerful that I actually looked behind me and down to remind myself that he wasn't there.  See, any time I was in our small kitchen preparing apples or carrots, Charlie would come up behind me.  He'd touch the back of my knee with his nose and breathe softly to let me know not to step on him and to say, "I'm here, mom.  I got your back if you drop anything."  Of course, I was somehow always just a little bit clumsy when he was "helping" me.  The first time it happened after we lost him, I flipped out for a few minutes, thinking I was going 'round the bend.  I told my husband.  He said that of course it was Charlie trying to let us know that he's okay and watching over us.  I think it was our cat Penny who really felt him though.  It wasn't just that she'd lie on his favorite spots or sniff the furnace filter because we knew that she was still able to smell his scent.  It was that she would have conversations seemingly with no one.  She was a very vocal cat anyway and had specific "calls" for all the family, so I wasn't terribly surprised that she would do that.

A couple of months after Penny died, it seemed as if we could sometimes hear a little purring or see a little fluffy red tail disappear around the corner.  I'm sure that was just wishful thinking though.  The clearest sign I ever received from her was a physical thing.  We have a tall bookcase with glass doors.  About a year and a half after, I was cleaning the bottom shelf.  I had cleaned that shelf multiple times since she died and I'm a bit OCD about cleaning, so I am positive I had been thorough with previous cleanings.  All of a sudden, a cat treat popped out.  It wasn't even dusty or crumbly like you'd think if it had been sitting in the corner for 18 months or so.  It was fresh, crisp, and looked brand new.  I picked it up, got a little freaked out, and took it downstairs to my husband.  I told him what happened and asked it I was losing my marbles.  He said no and reminded me that there are many things in this wondrous, mysterious universe of ours that our human minds cannot comprehend, that we don't know what happens when we die, what the next world is like, or how those we love are able to "reach through" to us at times.  Had it been there all that time and I just happened to find it then?  Probably, but I choose to believe otherwise.

The thing is that with signs from them and from my husband as well, they came when I wasn't looking for and didn't expect them.  I don't have any idea if that matters or if every one has been my mind and heart playing tricks on me--and I don't much care because they have comforted me.

• Like 2

• Members

@DLeonard thanks for the info i will look into it, i never though about communicators.

@foreverhisIt must have felt so good to get signs, i look for them but like you said they must come when you don't expect them. Every nite before i fall asleep i ask him to please please please come to my dreams so i can hold you and see you. 

Tiny also used to put his little wet nose on my leg when i was in the kitchen. 

I have my heart and soul open waiting for any sign from him.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The other night I dreamed Arlie came bounding into the house!  It's one of the best dreams I've ever had.  I don't know if it's a sign, but it made my day!  Him and Kodie got along great, he was hear to stay...until I woke up.

• Like 1

• Members

A month ago I woke up, got my coffee and went over to my laptop.  I keep a folder of pet pictures on my desktop, but I had not opened any the previous night.  This picture was open on the laptop. Both were my boys. I lost both to cancer, The 14 year old Yorkie (Figgie) on 3/31, 2021, and the 18 year old Tabby (Happy) right before Christmas.  I did not cry when my parents died, and usually don't, but I did all afternoon after Happy.  It hurts everyday.  I think whoever is in charge up there let them open this picture to let me know they are ok. 

DSC03405ajpg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
magicmiriam

@John1000 That's a sign if you ask me. I wish i got a sign like that. The fact that a picture with both of them in it was on the screen makes me feel like they are telling you they are together and ok. After my dog Tiny assed away i became more spiritual, i really need to know i will see him in the afterlife. That's the only thing keeping me going without loosing my mind. I'm still waiting for a sign, a dream even, anything. I started drinking after he passed a few weeks ago and i sleep so deep, perhaps that's why i can't remember dreams now. My prayers go out to you, it's hard losing both of them in a short timespan. How old were they?

• Like 1

• Moderators

@John1000  Absolutely!  I believe in signs...we can't explain them or make them happen at will, but sometimes one of us gets one.  I've heard it takes a lot of effort on their part.  They must really love you.

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know the pain all too well...I lost my husband nearly `17 years ago, 2 1/2 years later I adopted Arlie, my soulmate in a dog.  A few years later I got a 12 year old cat dumped on me, I could relate to Kitty, I knew how she felt, I promised her a forever home.  6/6/19 I took Arlie in for a routine teeth cleaning, instead the next day I got his fatal diagnoses, inoperable cancer, liver shutting down.  He'd gotten a clean bill of health at his physical just two weeks prior.  How can that be!  He died 8/16/19.  Christmas Kitty wasn't eating, didn't feel well.  Jan. 6 2020 she was euthanized, 25 1/2 years old, her kidneys and liver had shut down.  She was an amazing cat.  My son brought me a puppy 12/10/19, but for some reason I haven't been able to get another cat.  I've always had both.  This unlikely demanding cantankerous cat really made her way into my heart.  And Arlie, there will never be another like him, my beautiful goofy perfect boy.
Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

• Like 1

• Members
Eternalsoul

https://www.gotquestions.org/sift-you-as-wheat.html

There's a few stories of how God allows Satan to test our faith. If we pass we get eternal life. That means we see our loved ones.

Your cat was given to you by God.... for a purpose and he was taken for a purpose.

It seems like a punishment I KNOW!!! 

Just trust in God. He created your cat. The devil creates nothing but lies. Don't believe those lies. 

Keep your Faith and use this time to be stronger in God. Talk to your cat. He's watching over you with God. He wouldn't want you to fail. 

• Like 1

• Members

I often get signs, mostly in the form of dreams, but some physical things too.  I've had dreams about most of my animals who have crossed over.  With people, I will hear their voices in my head.  It sounds crazy, and maybe I am.  I don't know. 

I will feel them jump on the bed or chair and sense their presence.  Most recently it was Luna Roux who jumped on the bed and laid down with me, the one on the right in my pic.  When we are relaxed and not thinking of it, it is easiest to feel, see or hear these things.

I dreamed of the little cat next door who got ran over.  She came to me in the dream as a kitten, a time when I didn't know her and we snuggled, cuddled and then the dream was over.

One week after Stara Fae passed, I had the windows open and the kitchen/back door started knocking, making the same sound as she would cause when I would shut a door between us.  She would stand on her back legs and paw at the door making a knocking sound.  It let me know that she was with me but there was a barrier between us, just as I told her as she was passing that she could come visit me but I wouldn't be able to see her the way I normally would.  Or would I?  I also asked my girls if they would send me a kitty to adopt, so I was looking at available kitties, although I'm not sure if I'm ready yet.  

This is Stara Fae as a baby, and then one that I found who is available for adoption.  Could she be telling me that I can see her again, or this is the one I should adopt??  This adoptable kitten's name is Bella.  My cat before I had my last 2 was named Bella.  

Copy of kitten 04.jpg

Bella 1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
57 minutes ago, Filly said:

I will feel them jump on the bed or chair and sense their presence. 

I am right with you there!  It didn't happen right away, but after a little time, I could swear I'd feel Charlie jump up next to me on the sofa.  It wasn't as if things moved physically, just his presence or spirit or whatever it is that they can sometimes reach through to us.  For at least a year whenever I was in the kitchen preparing carrots or apples (his two favorites), I would "feel" a cold nose on the back of my knee.  He did that for his whole life to let me know not to step back onto him and because "I've got your back, mom.  I'll clean up if you spill."  I asked John once if I was losing it or maybe already had.  He said no, that he had felt things too and he reminded me how much we don't know about the next world and the next life.

What you are describing makes complete sense to me.  If we're crazy, so be it.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

@Filly I think your beloved Stara Fae is sending you a sign to adopt that kitty.  She wants you to feel better and hopes Bella will help you as she does not want to see you in pain.  I feel my Petey guided me into adopting Jack.  I wasn’t going to get another dog but one morning I decided just to take a look at the Petfinders site and there was Jack.  I’ve had him for 3 days and although I am still so depressed about losing Petey, he keeps me so busy during the day that although I continually think about Petey,  I am at least busy taking care of Jack and helping him through all his insecurities (It appears by some of his actions that someone hit him in his past). Let us know if you do decide to adopt Bella. She is beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
11 minutes ago, Mandy25 said:

@Filly I think your beloved Stara Fae is sending you a sign to adopt that kitty.  She wants you to feel better and hopes Bella will help you as she does not want to see you in pain.  I feel my Petey guided me into adopting Jack.  I wasn’t going to get another dog but one morning I decided just to take a look at the Petfinders site and there was Jack.  I’ve had him for 3 days and although I am still so depressed about losing Petey, he keeps me so busy during the day that although I continually think about Petey,  I am at least busy taking care of Jack and helping him through all his insecurities (It appears by some of his actions that someone hit him in his past). Let us know if you do decide to adopt Bella. She is beautiful.

The reason that I have not adopted yet is I am having a new roof put on the house in about 3 weeks.  I was going to wait until it is finished, since I don't want to terrorize a new cat/kitten with loud noise as they are adapting to a new home. There is an option of going to visit my mom's nice quiet home during the work on the house though.  Of course, I want to make sure I get the "right" one too.  

If she is not adopted by Monday, I probably will apply.  I am doing a lot of consideration this weekend.  Also, this baby is not spayed yet, so there is a promise to uphold to spay her within 30 days.

I know that I will not be replacing Stara Fae, but just as with you, a new friend will keep me busy and bring joy into my life once again. 

Jack will trust again.  You both need time to acclimate.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
19 hours ago, Filly said:

This is Stara Fae as a baby, and then one that I found who is available for adoption.  Could she be telling me that I can see her again, or this is the one I should adopt??  This adoptable kitten's name is Bella.  My cat before I had my last 2 was named Bella.  

I think maybe she's guiding you to a new soul and spirit to love and maybe is reminding you that you will see her in the next world.

I'm likely going to adopt a cat this fall.  Like you, I have house stuff that needs to be done, but mine includes a kitchen remodel as the ancient one (mostly 1965) is literally falling apart.  I don't want to bring any animal into that.  I've started kind of looking around online and realized that I keep being drawn to cats who look like our beloved Penny (red tabby Persian with a petite, not squished, nose) or my first rescue cat Lightning (red-brown domestic tabby).  Something tugged at me kind of saying, "You know you will not have those loves again in this life time, but in the next.  Maybe you should look for a different kind of connection and make sure you're choosing for the right reasons."  I do prefer females, medium or long hair, and love tabby markings above all others, but I think I need to find a new cat to be a companion on her own merits.  If she looks like Penny or Lightning, then that's lovely.  If not, that's lovely too.

But that's just me.  If you feel that connection with baby Bella and if your heart says it's right, then I wouldn't want you to miss out on a wonderful new companion.  If you can keep her in the quiet at your mom's to acclimate to being with you and if Bella's heart "speaks" to you, then I'd say do whatever is necessary to make it happen.  If it's meant to be, it will be.  She's absolutely adorable.  Is there any chance she could be spayed before your roof replacement starts?  Today's spaying surgeries sure do seem less invasive than the "old fashioned" ones, but of course, there is still the recovery.  Could she be spayed while you're staying with your mom so that by the time you go back home, she is recovered and you can settle in together?

I'm sure you'll do what your heart and mind tell you is right.

• Like 1

• Members

@foreverhis I haven't spoken to my vet's office to see how far out I would have to schedule.  There is also a clinic that does low cost spay/neuter that I've used before and liked their services and also is close to home.  They spayed Stara Fae, and she was back home and playing by late afternoon. 

It may be just as unsettling to move from one place to another as it would be to hear noise for a day or two, depending on the nature of the cat.  I am still uncertain, as I really won't know about this baby until I meet her.  I've never adopted an animal sight unseen.  I'm sure I would be allowed to meet before committing though.

I've had dreams about another cat and in my mind, I am supposed to get one who has the Maine Coon look, with markings of a brown & black tabby.  This will be my last cat in life, and that is another consideration.  If I am ever to have a kitten again, it is pretty much now (soon) or never.  I also prefer long haired females, but dark in color.  Sounds like Penny was a beauty!

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 3/19/2022 at 2:28 PM, Filly said:

One week after Stara Fae passed, I had the windows open and the kitchen/back door started knocking, making the same sound as she would cause when I would shut a door between us.  She would stand on her back legs and paw at the door making a knocking sound. 

It's things like this that really get our attention!

Getting another Pet

• Like 1

• Members
7 hours ago, KayC said:

It's things like this that really get our attention!

Getting another Pet

It certainly got my attention.  It would stop and then start again, and went on for awhile.  I finally opened the door and told her to come in!  

• Like 1

• Members

I don't know if it was a sign or not.

But when I was digging my dogs grave this morning a white dove landed on the roof.

It's the first time I have ever seen a white dove!

• Like 1

• Members
magicmiriam

A white dove is a sign of peace , especially since you've never seen one.

I'm still waiting for a sign.

• Like 2