Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Multiple loss, will it ever get easier

Netty

• Members

I lost both my sons, my only children. Andrew died in 2005 at the age of 12 and my second son Jonathan died in 2007 at the age of 18. 
Sometimes I get through days even months without grief being overwhelming. But recently after drifting in my life since they died, I settled in a house and gathered all their belongings in one place. I feel like I’m right back to the time when they died. I’m finding life such a struggle and just work, work, work to avoid thinking about my grief. My marriage has fallen apart and I’m getting a divorce. 
phewwwww! Does it ever get any easier? 

• Hugs 1
  • Angel Wings 1

• Members
Loss of my son

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. My only child passed away 15 months ago and I've not even washed his dirty laundry. The fake smile every time you leave your home. I get all that. I pray that you make it through all the tough days and know you are not alone. Jeanne 

• Members
LostHeartMom

I just joined this site and can't believe how timely your post is. I lost my daughter, my only child, the day after Thanksgiving in 2019 and then lost my mother less than a year later. I have just been scraping by day by day with very little will to keep going. Two years later and no relief. Recent stressful events are testing me to near breaking point. Please know you are not alone. I am sending peace, love and hope for healing for you.