Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The loss of my best friend, my son

Pamula

• Members

On October 28th 2021, I lost my oldest son, age 32, Mikey to a overdose. He had struggled for 10 years fighting his demon. He would get clean for months and slide back again. Even thru all these struggles he was my best friend. We were extremely close. Even on his worse days he never failed to show how important his momma was to him. As I'm disabled, he helped to take care of me. He lived with me. He has been clean for 107 days when he used again. That day he said he was tired and was going to lay down. I heard a thump but didn't think much of it, he was always making noise. God, why didn't I check on him then. :( it was probably a hour later or so when I thought I need to check on him, I found his door locked and I Instantly knew. I got the door open and found him kneeled with his head on the bed and I knew he was gone. My beautiful baby boy was gone. The last three months have been terrible. I miss him every single day. I don't know how to go without him

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and may you find peace. I understand your pain. My son and I were close also. No matter what he was also there as I was for him. He also went down a path that was not so good and made a terrible decision the morning he passed. 

• Members
9 minutes ago, Pamula said:

I'm so sorry Nicol. If you need to talk anytime, hit me up . Prayers 

Thank you. I appreciate the offer and would like to have someone to talk to. That goes for you also. If you want to talk,  cry or vent I'm here. 

• Members
Just now, Nicol said:

Thank you. I appreciate the offer and would like to have someone to talk to. The as goes for you. If you want to talk,  cry or vent I'm here. 

It be good to talk to someone that truly understands my pain. I have a lot of support, I just don't think they quite get it, ya know

• Members
Just now, Pamula said:

It be good to talk to someone that truly understands my pain. I have a lot of support, I just don't think they quite get it, ya know

I get it. I work overnights so you can get ahold of me anytime throughout the night if you need or want to. I've found that I have had may sleepless nights. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Nicol said:

I get it. I work overnights so you can get ahold of me anytime throughout the night if you need or want to. I've found that I have had may sleepless nights. 

I'm up til pbly 3 anymore, and sleep til like 1. This is a new thing for me since my son passed. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Pamula said:

I'm up til pbly 3 anymore, and sleep til like 1. This is a new thing for me since my son passed. 

I sleep between 3-4 hours when I can sleep. It's hard. I don't really have a set time I sleep either I get home around 9am take care of my dogs then sit up until pretty much I pass out and only sleep 3-4 hours then I'm up again and repeat 

• Members
35 minutes ago, Nicol said:

I sleep between 3-4 hours when I can sleep. It's hard. I don't really have a set time I sleep either I get home around 9am take care of my dogs then sit up until pretty much I pass out and only sleep 3-4 hours then I'm up again and repeat 

We became new ppl as soon as our child passed.