Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Trying to cope with the loss of my son

Nicol

• Members

I loss my son in July of 2021. He was killed in a bad motorcycle accident. I am no strange to loss. I've loss both parents (the loss of my mom and son was just shy of 2 years apart) and other family members but, the loss of my son is beyond any pain i could have ever imagined. I have been trying to cope with the loss on my own and just can't. The moment he passed I felt like a peice of me went with him. Some days are better than others. I find it hard to get up and day by day to do anything. Most days I just want to give up. I have a hard time believing or accepting he is gone. I miss him so much. 

• Hugs 1

• Members
Robert DiDonato

I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my 19 year-old son in November, 2021 in an accident so I understand your extreme pain.  I miss him beyond words and I am still in shock.  I wish you peace and strength.

• Angel Wings 1

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss. My son was 26. Words can never describe the pain that is felt by a parent after the loss of a child. Thank you for the kind words. And I wish you peace and strength too. 

• Members
8 hours ago, Nicol said:

I loss my son in July of 2021. He was killed in a bad motorcycle accident. I am no strange to loss. I've loss both parents (the loss of my mom and son was just shy of 2 years apart) and other family members but, the loss of my son is beyond any pain i could have ever imagined. I have been trying to cope with the loss on my own and just can't. The moment he passed I felt like a peice of me went with him. Some days are better than others. I find it hard to get up and day by day to do anything. Most days I just want to give up. I have a hard time believing or accepting he is gone. I miss him so much. 

The loss of a child is like no other pain. I too have lost my parents, siblings n other relatives but when I lost my son my while world stopped, I so understand how you feel. I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers

• Angel Wings 1

• Members

Thank you for the prayers and I am sorry for your loss also. My prayers are with you too. I agree when I lost him my world not only stopped but seem to fall apart. I have been trying to cope with losing him and find myself not wanting to accept or believe that he is gone. I find it hard to believe he is really gone. 

• Members
Robert DiDonato

I am so so sorry.  While I never try to compare pain, the loss of a child IS different.  I lost my son in November 2021.  He was just 19 and died in an accident. I am devastated to say the least.  I wish everyone peace and strength.  

• Members
4 minutes ago, Robert DiDonato said:

I am so so sorry.  While I never try to compare pain, the loss of a child IS different.  I lost my son in November 2021.  He was just 19 and died in an accident. I am devastated to say the least.  I wish everyone peace and strength.  

I am so sorry for your loss. The loss of a child is definitely a different kind of pain. My prayers are with you.

• Members
37 minutes ago, Nicol said:

Thank you for the prayers and I am sorry for your loss also. My prayers are with you too. I agree when I lost him my world not only stopped but seem to fall apart. I have been trying to cope with losing him and find myself not wanting to accept or believe that he is gone. I find it hard to believe he is really gone. 

Yes, I still don't think I have truly grasped that he is gone forever. The pain of knowing that is too great to bare

• Members
1 minute ago, Pamula said:

Yes, I still don't think I have truly grasped that he is gone forever. The pain of knowing that is too great to bare

I agree. For me it is just to much to handle right now. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Nicol said:

I agree. For me it is just to much to handle right now. 

I never do this. But are we allowed to give our number out, so you could text me anytime night or day? Just a idea. I am def in need of someone to talk to that understands

• Members
1 minute ago, Pamula said:

I never do this. But are we allowed to give our number out, so you could text me anytime night or day? Just a idea. I am def in need of someone to talk to that understands

I am good with that. It would be really nice to have someone to talk.

Just now, Nicol said:

I don't know if we can give out our number. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Nicol said:

I don't know if we can give out our number. 

828 838 0637