Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My brother died in my arms

That.Lisa.Girl

• Members
That.Lisa.Girl

I’m the baby out of four (now three) kids. My parents have been married (and still are) my whole life. We’ve always been a close family. Mom and dad would set time aside when we were little to do fun things like the zoo, the park, camping, and other fun things.

Us kids were pretty close in age too. My oldest brother (who passed) was 32, the twins are 31 and I’m soon to be 30. 
It was so sudden. I was leaving his house and getting ready to say bye and in a snap I’m lowering him to the ground to preform CPR.

I know how to do CPR but I never thought I’d be giving it to my brother.

You naturally take your siblings for granted. Someone you talk to every day of your life… The paramedics tried to save him but were unsuccessful. I stayed with him until they bagged him up. It happened almost 4 weeks ago. I can’t sleep without seeing his blue face… He turned blue so fast.

I’d give anything for one more hug.

• Members

What a lovely family you have and there must be so many beautiful memories.  In time I know that will replace the trauma of seeing your brother turn blue. You were there for your brother so I hope you take comfort in that.   What a wonderful sister you are

• Like 1