Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Life can be a gut punch.

Dmann

• Members

Wow is there going to be any relief on our loss? Had to put our dog Ellie to sleep yesterday. Everywhere I turn in this lonely old house reminds me of her. I have never felt this bad about a loss in my life. 

1.jpeg

• Like 1

• Moderators

And I can see why.  You can literally feel/see it in her.  I am so sorry for your loss, they are some of the deepest connections we can make.  I always said God made dogs as a gift to us, and what a gift it is!  But oh the price of losing them.  :(  My heart goes out to you in your loss. 

I hope this brings you some comfort and peace...

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

• Like 1

• Members

I feel the same way, it's been 19 days and everywhere i look i'm reminded of him, even when i go outside. I started a journal of him, i'm writing down every moment i remember with him. It makes me laugh t makes me cry but i don't want to forget the little things. My heart goes out to you, i know how you feel. I hope it will get better. I'm still waiting for that to happen. I feel like i lost my balance.

• Like 2

• Members
Waiting4thesun

Although I came here because I lost two friends last week, I saw your post and I can so relate. We list my beautiful angel Bailey (yellow lab) 5 years ago to cancer. I was so deviststed that I am glad I didnt have access to lethal means. I think it is so special that you are Journaling your times with your fur baby. We ended up getting two puppies to replace her becsuse sge was so much love. Both are amazing but cannot replace my angel. People pushed me to get another dog quickly, i still think 3 months was too fast but after her brother dued if heartbreak, our house was too empty to go on. 

I hope you find your joy again in another fur baby that would be so lucky to have your love. Sending  you love 

• Like 2

• Moderators

@Waiting4thesun  I am so sorry that you too lost your special angel.  Thank you for sharing...I lost my soulmate in a dog, Arlie, to cancer 8/16/19.  No dog can ever replace him, although I've grown very attached to my current puppy, Kodie.  I don't feel it was too soon to get Kodie,m nearly 4 months afterwards, but then I didn't expect to fill Arlie's paws and love Kodie for who he is...Arlie's qualities are gone, with him, a tribute to his specialness.  We never stop missing them.  Yesterday I went down to his grave and cleaned it off...my heart will always be with him.

I too found journaling to be helpful, but for me, I wanted to memorialize him, honor him, I wanted the world to know what a special dog he was, and I also wrote of our cancer journey together.  It was a VERY hard time.

The Rainbow Bridge, that I share with dog grievers, it may be simplistic, but it's my belief we'll be with them again, and I cling to that, what is life without hope!