Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my 7 year old son

Sugar_Pie

• Members

He caught a fever. I thought it was the flu. Gave him his medicine, pedialyte, baths, and fever started dropping after two days. I thought he was getting better. He showed signs of being his old self. I tucked him into bed, took his temp again. Made sure he was ok. Then we went to sleep. In the morning, first thing I did was check on my boy. He was lifeless, cold, and he didnt have a blanket on. I cradled his head to my chest. Trying to wake him up. I put his head on a pillow. Even though my baby was limp. I screamed. My husband woke. I called emergency. My husband tried performing cpr on him. To no avail. My heart died with my son. I feel so numb. His image flashes in my eyes. I did everything I knew to do. He was getting better. His temp was lowering. I could only repeat his temp over and over to the paramedics. They took my baby away. I don't have my baby. He is gone. I will never get back my heart. There are no words to describe my grief. Anguish, suffering, torment. Still doesn't describe this hell im living. Waiting on blood tests to know what happened. I just want my baby back. I cant have my baby. 

• Like 1

• Members

I am so, so sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you and your family.  I wish the memories of your son and love of your family give you strength in the coming days.  A mother's love is like no other, I feel your pain and will keep you and your family in my prayers.  With deepest sympathy. 

• Members

I am so, so sorry for your terrible pain and loss!  You did everything that you knew to do - I can remember going through that same routine many times when my children were that age.    That's what we do when our child has a fever.  I hope you get some answers very soon.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

• Members
On 1/31/2022 at 11:27 PM, Sugar_Pie said:

He caught a fever. I thought it was the flu. Gave him his medicine, pedialyte, baths, and fever started dropping after two days. I thought he was getting better. He showed signs of being his old self. I tucked him into bed, took his temp again. Made sure he was ok. Then we went to sleep. In the morning, first thing I did was check on my boy. He was lifeless, cold, and he didnt have a blanket on. I cradled his head to my chest. Trying to wake him up. I put his head on a pillow. Even though my baby was limp. I screamed. My husband woke. I called emergency. My husband tried performing cpr on him. To no avail. My heart died with my son. I feel so numb. His image flashes in my eyes. I did everything I knew to do. He was getting better. His temp was lowering. I could only repeat his temp over and over to the paramedics. They took my baby away. I don't have my baby. He is gone. I will never get back my heart. There are no words to describe my grief. Anguish, suffering, torment. Still doesn't describe this hell im living. Waiting on blood tests to know what happened. I just want my baby back. I cant have my baby. 

my beautiful girl was 8.  She wasn't feeling well and was suffering from constipation which was normal for her.  She had a great day at school on friday but that night she was restless and didn't sleep.  In the morning she was laying on the couch watching tv.  Her fingers and toes were blue.  She drank alot of water but threw it back up.  I put her in the bath to warm her up then bundled her back up on the couch.  We were alarmed when she started to look lethargic so we jumped up to take her to the hospital.  Before we could do anything she passed quickly and quietly right there in the living room.  I did CPR waiting for the ambulance.   She could not be revived.  We stayed with her body for hours at the hospital. Shocked.  She was our light.  She was happiness embodied.  Just gone.  She had an autopsy which was difficult but it told us that she had a congenital defect in her intestines. Life isn't fair and nature is not in our control.  But love is, and if we loved our children then we did everything we were supposed to do.

• Hugs 1