Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Trying to keep it all together

M Olden

• Members

Just looking for some support in dealing with "Everything" that it takes to keep life as normal for my spouse with terminal cancer. I’m sure others are going thru this. I’m on year 8 of being blessed with an extension of my 30+ year marriage. Caregiving is not easy on me at times and loneliness is real. Depression cycles in and out and you can’t show weakness or sadness. Whew…I said it.. 

where…how… I give it to God and it just seems to much at times..M

• Hugs 1

• Members
Wendy Luckenbill

Hi me too. Different reasons for the struggle but it's been a long life with lots of ups and downs and I just wonder if I have the energy to keep going. So I just wanted to touch base with somebody and share. Losing my eyesight getting old lost a dog , son moved away, fell down 13 steps and got a concussion , it's just a lot in a couple months and of course avoiding social contact due to covid so.... didn't really expect my life to end up like this oh and I did lose my husband from cancer 17 years ago so I'm doing all this really alone I wish he was back. Parents and other relatives gone friends far away and don't really want to hear tough time.

• Hugs 1

• Members

I am so sorry. It just sounds so overwhelming. I hope you are feeling better from the fall and to add the covid is aa great point. No one really knows what and when the little part of normal will come back. I have an old dog who cant see or hear and I envy him sometimes....feel selfish by keeping him around and people say you should just put him down. But he truly loves me and i cant wait to see him everyday after work. I just need to focus on the good things. Our kids don't know how to help and they have aa life of their own also. Keep strong. I dont know much about this site but I truly thank you for sharing and reading my complaining....:-()~~ I just need to stay positive......you last sentence sums it up for me also......I miss my parents daily.....M

• Hugs 1