Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Shocked to find my dear, old friend deceased long, long ago, .... How to express my feelings?

Cosmos21

• Members

Hello: 

Recently, on doing computer  I discovered my dear, old friend passed away more than a decades ago when I typed his name and his birth state, etc. wondering whether he's in good health in his twilight life.  

He's been deceased more than a decade ago, in his early '30s. 

In my younger day, I dated him  'on and off' without a promise of marriage, but there was happy and romantic relationship which I never forget even though I've been married to a wonderful man.

In having seen his grave, I started thinking of whether sending 'sympathy flowers' anonymously  by contacting his local flower-shop, since I live further away from his resting-place.

Your suggestions and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks, 

Edited by Cosmos21
misspell
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Cosmos,

I am sorry for your loss. It's very thoughtful of you to consider purchasing flowers for his gravesite. I'm sure it would be appreciated by the family or even a kind note or card expressing your sadness. I think we all want be to remembered and to know that we meant something to someone. If it were me, I would be touched that someone remembered and wanted to do something to honor my loved one's memory.

• Like 1

• Members
On 1/30/2022 at 11:20 PM, reader said:

Dear Cosmos,

I am sorry for your loss. It's very thoughtful of you to consider purchasing flowers for his gravesite. I'm sure it would be appreciated by the family or even a kind note or card expressing your sadness. I think we all want be to remembered and to know that we meant something to someone. If it were me, I would be touched that someone remembered and wanted to do something to honor my loved one's memory.

Thanks for the kind and thoughtful response.

A couple of days ago, my sympathy flowers was delivered to his resting place in North Carolina.  I live in Maryland and not able to travel nor drive there for visit, although I really want to be with him one more time even on his grave.

I asked the florist whether there is a confirmation delivery-photo is available like Amazon doing for delivery-confirmation.  Instead, they called me by a phone not their availability to do so.  Then, I posted in the message board on his birth area asking there is either professional or amateur cemetery photographer to send me a photo by e-mail as attachment.  

I'm glad that I sent a traditional sympathy flowers with note, ... 'with all my Love.'

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Cosmos,

It was very kind of you to send the flowers with the loving note. The family will appreciate your thoughtfulness and show of respect.

Thank you for letting me know. Please take care.

• Members

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

It's hard to find out that people we used to know whether close or even briefly pass away, even if it is years later.

I am glad to hear that your sympathy flowers had made it there. Sending flowers can definitely help with grieving. I hope you're able to get the photo you desire, too.

• Members

Thanks for the kind and thoughtful response.

I truly desire to have a photo of the current headstone imaging the headstone might be worn due to its age and element.  The location is close to Georgia and southwestern North Carolina.  I posted other board and received two responses, however both reside further away its location. Also, there is volunteer, however as of today, there is none to hear from.  North Carolina is one of the largest states. Also, pandemic(COVID) and economic instability might hamper in finding a volunteer.  

If there is someone close to that area, I'm very grateful to hear.

Thanks,