Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Boyfriend broke up with me after having his child

• Members

It’s been a week. I have an almost 6 month old baby and thought my boyfriend and I were just getting better at the whole being parents together now. And he out of no where broke up with me. Said I changed since being pregnant and he hates the baby and my family. I knew he was having trouble with the stress of having a baby but I didn’t realize that he had stopped being happy in our relationship for a year now. We have been together for over 4 years and he’s the only person I’ve ever loved and now I have to find a way to shake all the feelings I still have for him. We still live together at the moment, I don’t know who plans on moving out because he pays the rent. So now I have to find a job and someone to watch my kid and an apartment on top of still dealing with postpartum depression. I don’t know how to start over, and I honestly don’t want to. If he had communicated better with me I would have done things differently. I would have been talking about my feelings with a therapist instead of crying to him. I did so much for him, gave him so much, our beautiful baby, my virginity, hell he wouldn’t even have the awesome job he has now if I didn’t drive him to all the interviews. I made him my whole world and he just threw it all away and I don’t know how to live without him

• Members

Dear Loveless,

I'm so sorry for everything you are dealing with. There is a lot on your young shoulders. I hope you can talk to a social worker, counsellor or trusted friend or family member that can support you through this very difficult time. Thinking of you.