Love is Stronger Than Death

kali shey

• Members

I was wrong to think the magic was gone. I was wrong to believe for one second you would ever leave the ones you love. You are in the wind, you are in the song that the CD player refuses to skip, you are in the storm that lights up the sky, you are in the little coded messages so easily missed... unless I pay attention, unless that recognition stays alive in my mind, I have to believe you still come through... you are still you, always watching over, always protecting, always directing.. 'never fear, it'll be okay, I am still here, I am still me... always believe, love is stronger than death'.

A few weeks after Dad's funeral we were staying with my in-laws and my mother-in-law brought out a CD to listen to. She wanted to play track 14, and it skipped to 13, and stopped. It absolutely would not skip past 13 and the CD player would not eject or turn off. It just froze. She said, "well, I guess we'll listen to this one, too". After the song was over, this minor malfunction ceased.

Track 13 was a cover of "What A Wonderful World", one of my Dad's favorite songs, and one of the two that we decided to include in the service. It was one of the few songs that always brought tears to his eyes. I wrote the above after I listened to it.

• Members

I agree. That is truly beautiful. Love works in mysterious ways. Open ourselves to the signs that it never dies. Love to read more of your writing.

Kate

Archived