Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Online Support Groups?

Zefyrr

• Members

This is my first post on here.  My name is Deanna, and I lost my dad in August 2021, very suddenly.  He had been sick for awhile, but nothing really life threatening. 

To be very honest, I wasn't extremely close to him, we didn't have a perfect father/daughter relationship, but he WAS my dad. He also left my mom, his wife of almost 48 years, lost and unsure of how to continue, because he handled literally everything in their life. I am not an only child, but I am the only person here to help her learn how to navigate life. 

I need something, I need some help, some support, someone who specializes in this. My mom is not capable. She understands, but she can't support me.  I have an amazing husband, who actually lost his father many years ago, but I don't want to put this solely on him. I live in a pretty small town, and don't have my own transportation, so I'm looking for online support groups, where I can actually talk about this out loud. Forums are a great resource, but I love online meetings better.

Has anyone found anything like that?  Thanks so much in advance.

Deanna

• Hugs 1

• Members

Ive seen that link SO many times here. It is a great resource, but I don't know how they expect people to consistently pay $20 for a support group. That's kind of ridiculous.