Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Having a hard time with my dads death

Kaydee bugg

• Members

I’m having a really hard time. My daddy passed away 8 years ago and I’m still having a really hard time with it it’s affecting my mental and my health it’s to the point I’m just not really happy any more and I know In my heart that my daddy wouldn’t want me to be in pain like this he would want me to live my life and to be happy. I need help if anyone has been threw this please help me with helpful tips on to getting on the healing process. Thank you 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Kaydee,

I'm so sorry to hear how are you feeling. It's so hard to lose a beloved parent. Please know you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings. I hope you'll consider talking to a grief counsellor or joining a support group. It's been 5 years for me and I felt like time has stood still. Keep trying to take each day as it comes. Baby steps. I hope this article will offer some help.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/complicated-grief/symptoms-causes/syc-20360374

• Thanks 1

• Members

My heart breaks that you've been having such a tough time for so long.  You must have had such a special and close relationship with your father.  Losing a parent when your young is so unexpected and shocking.  We just think they are supposed to be around til we get old.  It's feels so unfair at times.  I lost both parents in my early thirties and I will never get totally over losing them.  No one can ever replace them.  We just have to learn to live with it some kind of way.  He definitely would want you to.  I do believe even though he is not physically there anymore, he is still there in spirit holding your hand.  He does wish for you to go on and have happiness.  He loved you so what else would he want other than that.  Some helpful tips might be to write in a journal to him, come here and talk to other young people who are going through the same thing, and try to be kind to yourself and do one positive thing each day. Its a neverending battle but it shouldnt have to be the end of joy for you.