Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of Mother suddenly from Anuerysm

LoLoMatthews

• Members

I was driving to work on the morning of November 8th, 2021. I only had a few more days until November 11th (my birthday) until I would drive down and visit my mother (52) and father (55) to spend the thanksgiving holidays and a few weeks I had off from work. I was planning to shop and get our nails done as usual but I didn’t know the phone call I would receive from my dad would change everything.

Dad called me on my way to work that morning, an unusual time around 7:52 am. I immediately asked “what’s wrong?” He would inform me that mom had a seizure and was in the ICU, I thought at first he meant his mother and he corrected me. I immediately headed back home and proceeded to drive home to Houston (a three hour drive) thinking mom will be awake when I get there she’s just recovering.

When I arrived at the hospital my father and grandmother (fathers mother) were standing outside. My grandmother drove with me to park, we left my cat and the car and we walked to meet my dad. When we approached my father he looked lost. He put his hand on my shoulder and I broke down as he told me that mom would not wake up. I screamed and cried outside for at least what felt like 30 minutes. So hard that I suffers extreme back pain the next week. I did not want to go inside but I knew that I needed to see my mother. She had suffered a severe brain bleed and her spinal fluid had pushed her brain down into her spine from the pressure. She would never wake, she would never recover and all I could do was witness her in her last moments as we decided what to do as a family. 

She had technically died on 11/8 and was being supported by machines fully until 11/10 the day before my twin brother and I’s birthday when we took her off of support. There are many more details and aggravating words of “encouragement” following her news and death but I wanted to start with the story of losing her. 

She was not sick, there was no sign, I feel like I have had my mother stolen from me. Her mother passed when she was 11 and her father when she was 13. I constantly think about how she will never meet my children or potential future husband and everything that comes with losing your mom. I should have had all these things by my age of 28 but I didn’t and I feel like I didn’t give her everything she ever wanted. 

I’d like to discuss in more detail but here’s a start.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear LoLoMatthews,

I am so sorry for your devastating loss. I feel the same way too. And wish so much my father was still here to meet his grandchildren. It's very hard.

Please know we are with you and you can share as much as you like on the forum.

Thinking of you. x