Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I have recently lost my father

Aija

• Members

Hello everyone. I have recently lost my father. I was not so close with him, I admit there was a time I wished he was dead. But now, I feel like a part of me has died too. I feel so empty and depressed. Sometimes I hate my husband for no apparent reason. I can't say he grieved with me for my father, but he was also upset. I don't know, maybe I hate him because he's not as sad as I am. Sometimes I feel so empty that for just a second I really want to be dead. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Hi Aija! 

My condolences....My father passed on 12/13/21 and this week has been a crazy roller coaster ride for we were close...the emptiness can get overwhelming sometimes. This is definitely a process that no one is ready to experience or learn how to cope with. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your emptiness will begin to fill with wholeness and hope and your darkest moments turn into your brightest. 

-Ari

• Hugs 1