Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Covid took my mother from me...

Marci66_Deleted

• Members
Marci66_Deleted

On December 2nd Covid and pneumonia claimed the life of my mother. She was 75. She had many health issues and was unable to take the vaccines or most of the treatments for Covid. They tried to avoid the ventilator as long as they could but they finally had no choice. A couple days later her lungs began to fill with fluid and in a blink she was gone. My dad wanted me to come stay with him for a few days so he would have someone to lean on but he won't let me comfort him and there's no comfort for me at all. He doesn't even want to talk about it. He doesn't like me crying in front of him either. At this point I'm not sure why I'm even here. Her funeral is the 10th. She will then be cremated and that will be that. He seems rather unwilling to let me help with things around the house so it's difficult for me to process what it is he wants from me. I can't fully grieve until I return home. I was going to stay till the 14th but I think I may leave the 12th. There is no point in me being here and not getting any comfort or being able to grieve properly. I hate this virus and everything it has done to our world. 

• Members

This is truly devastating. My mother passed away in the beginning of the year. I suggest against cremation, this is against any human norm. You/your family won't have a place to come and talk to your mother. Grave is considered a place where part of the soul still remains. Please do not do the cremation. Order a beautiful tomb stone and write on it all the best qualities of your mother. 

• Members
Marci66_Deleted

I came here for support. Not to be scolded about her choice on what was done with her remains. Obviously this was a mistake to come here and expect any help.