Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Stupid Covid!

beckihaal

• Members

My dad died almost a month ago due to Covid.  He got it from my mom's best friend at her brothers funeral. I was very close with my dad. I have been mostly fine until yesterday the veil of denial lifted and **** was very very real.  My brain won’t let me think anymore that he isn’t gone.  I’m struggling to even move from my bed or chair. Being awake just seems so painful. All I want is my dad back but I know that can’t happen. I’ve been trying to be so strong for my kids because I know this is absolutely crushing to them.  They all loved him so much and the special time they got to spend with him one on one when they’d stay awhile in the summer with my mom and him or the time we spent with him during visits at our house or theirs. I can’t even figure out how to handle my own grief let alone help them with theirs. I feel like a terrible mom just hugging them and saying I’m sorry but I honestly don’t know what to do to help them or myself. Any ideas or comments on how you dealt with the loss of your father you were close to?

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss.  A month is not very long; you are going to need a lot more time before the roller coaster stops.  Just be honest with yourself and your kids.  Let them know you are having a hard time but it won't last forever.  It will always be hard but you'll get stronger, I promise.      

• Thanks 1