Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing Mom

Andie

• Members

I lost my Mom 3 weeks and 3 days ago. It feels like an eternity since I’ve hugged her or talked to her. The days feel so long, yet the hours fly by. I just want to talk about my loss but none of my friends have lost a parent, so they don’t understand and it turns into just hearing I’m sorry’s. Talking to my Dad or siblings is rough too because it makes them spiral harder to talk about it. We just had her funeral yesterday and I hate the thought that she’s in a box in the ground while I’m here in my warm bed. 
I guess I just want to grieve with others who are also grieving. 

• Sad 1

• Members

Hi I lost my mom on April 10, 2021…. She was diagnosed with cancer April 2019 she came to my home and I took care of her she did not do very well on chemo but finally she went on keyTruda and immunotherapy drug which she did very well on and we thought she was doing good…. Little did we know that she had hepatitis C and her liver was being damaged she fell from a very small bench in my room and broke her hip and that’s all it took for the decline to start to happen many complications with hepatitis causing liver damage water retention pain etc.

it’s about 7 months and I am in tears writing this to you but we all need to help each other it’s devastating to lose a parent.

she came on hospice April 6 I took care of her until she died on April 10 5:20 PM those few days were the most difficult time in my whole The images of her haunt me to this day but I try to think of the happy times that we had and the blessings that God gave us during the time she live with me we shared some good times together

i’m sorry that you are going through what you are feeling I find what helps me is I have a picture of my mother in the place where she used to sit every morning in her room and I talk to her in the mornings that I talk to her at night and sometimes during the day. 

I tell her about my day I tell her that I miss her I tell her I love her I talk about the memories we shared together and then I tell her mom I need to go now I have things to do but I’ll be back to talk to you this seems to help some. 

no matter what they’re always be those holes in our hearts but we must know that our parents would want us to Move on and be happy find joy in life and count our blessings. try not to think of the sad things I know it’s hard but try not to get stuck in that place visit it but then move or think of happy things keep busy I know that your parents are watching you and I hope that you enjoy your life as they would want you to because they loved you and still love you!!! 

I am still grieving I am still processing I’m still trying to figure things out but I do know that if we get stuck in the grief we will hurt ourselves mentally and physically and that’s not something that our parents would want us to do.  

our health is very important to us I pray for you I pray for me that things will start to get better and the pain will become less and the happy memories will be stay in our minds more than the sad ones.

big hug = take care