Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I don’t know what’s next for me

Bjor19

• Members

Hello. I am 22 and today my mother had a severe brain aneurysm at 48 and the doctors say she most likely won’t recover  I have autism, and have made process and was planning to fully gain independence in May after graduation - including my first place alone 

Now she won’t even be here. She was an incredible women- I have received well over 100 calls about her today, and there is enough food from her friends on our table from her friends  to feed a  high school 

I wouldn’t be here without her support, or her sense of humor, her own battle with sobriety that shaped me so how do I go on from here? This is the worst pain I’ve ever felt. I really hope it gets better as if she’d saw me like this she’d be livid , but I’m just stuck waiting for her to go and I don’t know what to do 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Bjor19,

I'm sorry to hear what happened to your beloved mom. She sounds like a very special woman and so loving and kind to everyone in her life. 

Please know everything you are feeling is normal and natural. It is an extremely difficult and sad time. Lean on your friends and family for emotional support. Keep taking it moment by moment.

We are with you. Sending my thoughts and prayers.