Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lots Of Stress And Grief While Starting New Life

tnd

• Members

We are all concerned about you tnd. Please post when you are up to it.  

Hugs … steve

• Like 3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tnd

• John9

• KayC

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Getting will re-made today to get ex-SIL off it...don't want to leave my kids with the mess my sister did.  Also getting POA and this coming week I'm getting my son added as signer on my bank account.  Can never be too careful.  I'm in good health but one shouldn't take risk about this, I am turning 70 in 2 1/2 months!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
5 hours ago, KayC said:

Getting will re-made today to get ex-SIL off it...don't want to leave my kids with the mess my sister did.  Also getting POA and this coming week I'm getting my son added as signer on my bank account.  Can never be too careful.  I'm in good health but one shouldn't take risk about this, I am turning 70 in 2 1/2 months!

KayC,

I am glad you are being proactive and I hope nobody has to go through what I have gone through. I have tried to make sure Son won't have any issues BUT I am not psychic JUST psycho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, SSC said:

is there a reason she has to stay in Texas?

She says she can't travel because of her condition, oxygen, etc.  I know if she were here we'd get help but she said she can't.

15 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

reaching out to people on the internet that have been in communication with her for more than a year may be a better risk than being so very alone and vulnerable in Texas.  But it is her decision. 

I continue to pray for her health, physical safety and her relocation into a better living situation asap.

Yes!

14 hours ago, steveb said:

I wish there was someone like a trusted friend or relative that could post on her behalf when circumstances prevent her from doing so. 

Agreed!  She is very alone and vulnerable.  Her "family" did a number on her, putting her in this situation.  They should be ashamed.  I hope they're at least worried about her.

• Hugs 3

• Members

kayC,

I saw and commented on the other forum about hydrogen peroxide being used by the Vet to induce vomiting. There are rules though.

• Like 2

• Members
11 hours ago, KayC said:

Please report/update us to let us know you're okay!!!

I was thinking the same thing today.  It's been a week and a half.  Please let us know you are alright @tnd.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 6/18/2022 at 4:31 PM, Gail 8588 said:

I continue to pray for her health, physical safety and her relocation into a better living situation asap. 

Me too.  As some of you know because I've mentioned it, while I do have faith and I do pray, I almost never "direct" my prayers specifically.  Well, except for John and our girls.  But right now, I'm sending little prayers each day for tnd's safety and to get her out of there into a safe place of her own.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, John9 said:

kayC,

I saw and commented on the other forum about hydrogen peroxide being used by the Vet to induce vomiting. There are rules though.

It's too late for that, do you use it straight or dilute it?  He sure wasn't cooperating when I tried to get him to vomit!  Of course they have no idea why mom is flipping out or the danger they're in!

No news yet, he didn't poop on our walks, he may have at Jazzy's in the bushes, who knows where, it's a big property, lots of brush.

I messaged tnd, I don't think she's on a computer.  I just hope and pray she's okay.

• Like 1

• Members
5 hours ago, KayC said:

It's too late for that, do you use it straight or dilute it?  He sure wasn't cooperating when I tried to get him to vomit!  Of course they have no idea why mom is flipping out or the danger they're in!

No news yet, he didn't poop on our walks, he may have at Jazzy's in the bushes, who knows where, it's a big property, lots of brush.

I messaged tnd, I don't think she's on a computer.  I just hope and pray she's okay.

KayC,

I know that when I replied it was not going to help and on the other forum I said too little too late. I would say make sure that anything I say is verified BUT, I believe it is undiluted 3% hydrogen peroxide and the amount is based on the weight of the animal. FYI, there is also a homemade remedy for skunk spray remedy too, that my loving wife used with much success.

I too am worried about tnd, for many reasons.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Thank you, John!  I have been lucky to have never had a dog sprayed by a skunk except years ago when I was at work and my husband got to deal with it.  

I can't imagine what could keep her away this long...

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Gail 8588,

I have had similar thoughts and it is a shame there is no way for anyone to know what actually has happened or is going on. Because if you are correct I think that tnd would like to know that we care for her and are worried. I am almost positive when something happens to me, nobody will know about it. I will just not be here because I don't think our Son will update anyone.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

John9, 

You are correct that for most of us, myself included, we will just disappear from the forum and no one here will know what happened to us.

However, with you and me and most people on here, I have confidence that relatives or close friends will know what happened and will take appropriate action.  Your son  or my sons will get us care or treatment if we need it. When the time comes, your son will see to it that you are buried next to your loving wife, just as my sons will get me buried next to my dear husband.   

Tnd on the other hand is so very alone.  

Gail

• Like 4

• Members

Gail 8588,

I understand what you said, and I believe early on in chats with tnd we were discussing what might happen. I am not sure if things ever got done as far as putting things in writing and making it legal because of all of the issues she had. I just hope that she is okay and will be able to get the peace she so richly deserves. I also wonder and worry about her cats because I don't trust Frances to do the right thing if it comes to that. My opinion only based on comments made by tnd.

• Like 3

• Moderators
15 hours ago, John9 said:

I will just not be here because I don't think our Son will update anyone.

I've asked my son to but I don't know if he'd think of it in his shock.  I've been getting everything in order "in case" so they don't have to go through what Peggy is putting us through with her inaction/procrastination.  You can't procrastinate death....no one knows the day or hour!  Will done, POA done, Medical directive done, getting my son on as signer asap, they didn't have time to do the card yesterday (short handed) so I'm picking it up today and will mail it to my son for signature, I've made copies of everything for him and my daughter.  I'm now keeping everything important in my briefcase in case of sudden fire evacuation, instead of files.  It's harder keeping my briefcase updated with vet shots, etc. but it's how I have to live now, after last summer and the current weather patterns, ugh.

I guess all we can do right now is continue praying for tnd.  I wonder if she knows how much we care for her!  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
19 minutes ago, KayC said:

I guess all we can do right now is continue praying for tnd.  I wonder if she knows how much we care for her!  

KayC,

I think that she does, because we have told her we care. We all have indicated how much we want her to have a safe place for her and the cats. I just wonder what has happened.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Good luck getting through today.  Hopefully things will settle down.  

I totally get how hard it is to do everything, without our sweeties carrying 1/2 (or more) of the load.

Hugs,

Gail

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

KayC,

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time right now. I sadly have to say once again that the people who make decisions don't seem to care or understand how it affects us. You are right that a credit account for a specific place like a tire store should have more leeway. But that is my opinion and it means nothing in the way things are run nowadays. Not that this is the same, but our Son is dealing with trying to get money back that was "stolen" from his checking account. A fraudulent debit went through and the phone lines are overwhelmed because of lack of help and he was on hold for over 3 hours only to be told he had to wait and call back. I agree that if my loving wife was still alive all of the minor issues would be better handled. I say minor because with her support we seemed to handle everything. Now all of the minor stuff is really hard and the major stuff is just so hard and seemingly so overwhelming that I just want it to be over. I have said before that I don't understand people anymore and why the priorities seem out of line with mine. Maybe it is just me and how I see things now and how I feel but I think communication is sorely lacking, if I receive anything it seems to be as an afterthought. I hope things get a little easier for you and you can enjoy some relaxing time with Kodie and Panther too.

• Like 2

• Moderators

John, I'm so sorry this happened to your son, it took me 2 3/4 hours to report the recent fraud on my M/C and about 3 3/4 hours to change to my temporary visa on my accounts, then MORE time when my permanent one came!  That's when Dish suckered me, which I had to cancel last night!  I don't think I got to relax until 8 pm!  That's when I usually go to sleep so stayed up a little longer to cuddle with Kodie.  What a trooper!

On 7/6/2022 at 7:37 AM, John9 said:

I don't understand people anymore and why the priorities seem out of line with mine.

I don't think I'll ever understand it!

I'm out all the $ for the tires (warranty doesn't apply to damage) so no coverage for new one either, the tow guy (who was wrong about the issue, it was a different tire that hadn't been patched, it had a broken off screw in it that I must have got on the freeway), gas for rides coming to my rescue, and groceries that didn't survive the hot day in spite of trying to keep them cold in car's A/C which isn't as good as my previous Honda's).  
I got my replacement M/C and spent hours changing my autopays etc on line, but couldn't do so with Dish as they don't have a 'wallet" on line so had to call them....they guy told me I HAD to replace my equipment or it wouldn't work by 7/24!  He scheduled an appt for me to get new equipment, it would have been more $, a new two year contract, up to $240 penalty if I cancel within that time, and tried to walk through the "policy" in fast motion, I wasn't comfortable with it, I knew I'd lose all my 100+ recordings and have to learn something new (am NOT a techie and already am under so much stress my brain isn't up to par!)...he took 45 min. cutting out my walk with Kodie which he needed as I knew I'd be gone most of the day.  Messaged Iris requesting she come get him midway but she didn't get the text or phone msg until the end of the day!  I ended up running him down to Jack's to pay him and back home to get ready for my ride to pick up my car, he barely got to pee, that's it!  He's such a good boy!

I also made my 3rd trip to the bank for the form to SNAIL MAIL to my son this time as he never got their email, so brought the stamped envelope with me and mailed it to him, texting him it was on its way.  Got home in time to leave for Deaconess Mtg but called and said I'd be a few min. late (they're always late so I couldn't feel too bad), as I had to give Kodie a 15 min. walk!  Had 2 1/2 hour meeting, ugh!  Why do they take so long!  To me, anything longer than an hour is not good planning and not respectful of our time!  Gave Kodie a choice of park or Jazzy, he chose Jazzy, I was so glad as he really needed getting energy out and I needed a few min. to decompress, their place is beautiful and relaxing!  (They even have their own private gorge and waterfall, beautiful trees, bushes, Jazzy lives in dog/people heaven!).  Fixed eggs for dinner, will return phone calls later, too tired to do any more!

Panther Kitty was happy to see me, as was Kodie!

• Hugs 2

• Members

Like you all, I only hope and pray for the best for tnd.  I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, she is an extraordinary woman.  Her strength of character shines brightly through her posts. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1