Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lots Of Stress And Grief While Starting New Life

tnd

• Members

Sorry for the rant yesterday but you know how it goes; better to rant than to explode or break something. No point in holding it in, right? Well, needing to make myself feel better I thought about it. How can I step back away from the edge and put this dumpster fire out? Then it came to me! This may sound lame but when you think about it, it's  true; I am 58 years old and getting locked indoors (opposed to being locked out) has only happened to me once. ONCE in 58 years!! That's not bad. Heck, some would even say I am lucky. Okay, so maybe I won't go so far and say that but still, ONCE in 58 years! Woo-Hoo!! I reordered the 😆food for later today. BTW, if you are wondering why I just didn't go out the back door and then around to the front, I had 2 reasons; two German Shepherds and they bite. I wasn't about to push my luck. 

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tnd

• John9

• KayC

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'm so sorry you lost your food due to someone else's thoughtless, they should pay for the having to reorder, but then these people don't seem to do anything like regular people do. :(

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I'd ignore her, period.  Sounds like an unlovely place to be.  I'm so sorry.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
7 hours ago, foreverhis said:

Your concern is obviously not wanted, so keep your comfort, care, and good feelings for yourself and your cats.  You deserve to have love and support, not anger and frankly, nastiness.((HUGS))

Thank you! Just prior to her barking at everyone she complained about how bad her husband treats her and would probably berate her for the paint job she did. I've often witnessed him or will hear him yelling at her. He is hubby #4 and with the way she described the previous three, sounds like she has a pattern of being with abusive or irresponsible men. But then she takes it out on other people. Some of these people (me and surprisingly, one of her sons) want to help and be supportive of her. But 

I am getting tired of her snapping at me, as if I am the enemy. This is what I meant a while back when I said something about not wanting to deal with other people's problems. I've done that in the past and while I do care about people and with the exception of those on this site who are grieving, when I get my own place I want to start "doing" for "me" for a change. Life is too short ...

• Hugs 3

• Members
2 hours ago, tnd said:

I've often witnessed him or will hear him yelling at her. He is hubby #4 and with the way she described the previous three, sounds like she has a pattern of being with abusive or irresponsible men.

Putting on my poor man's psychotherapist's cap but I'd say she's envious of the immense love you still carry for your husband. She's likely bewildered and totally pissed off that you were so lucky in life!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
foreverhis

@tnd  I am so worried for you.  Please, please try to take care of yourself.  If that means staying in your room for the most part, then do that.  But if things get worse, I urge you to reach out for help, to us or to a local church or even to the authorities if your situation becomes dangerous enough that you are in fear for your life.

We'll all be praying for you, especially hoping that you get that apartment very soon so you can get away from this toxic family, find some peace and quiet for you and your cats, and truly grieve as you make your way forward.  I'd say, "Be strong," but I know you are--you've had to be to make it this far.  You will be in my thoughts tonight.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Tnd, 

I echo Foreverhis words.  I know you are in a difficult situation, but I worry that you are being abused, physically, emotionally, psychologically. I hope you feel like you can call 911 to get help if you are in danger.  

Can you call the apartment where you are on the wait list and stress to them  the urgency of your need for housing?  You should not have to live in such fear. 

You are incredibly strong and resilient.  I admire how you have kept a positive attitude throughout this ordeal.

In difficult times my mother's mantra was "This too shall pass."  I pray that your time stuck in this house will soon come to an end and that you will have your own peaceful, safe place to make into your home. 

Gail

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
9 hours ago, KayC said:

wish so much you'd call every church in town until you find ONE EMPATHETIC PERSON THAT WILL HELP YOU! 

I already did that....not a single one replied. 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
54 minutes ago, tnd said:

So, if I don't post for a while it's because I am either working on a strategy for housing or I am on the go. Friends, please rest assured that I will be back. 😵

tnd,

I have resisted commenting about your situation because I was afraid it might come out wrong with my broken brain. But I have to say that I still am hoping that this mess is resolved very soon for you. You don't deserve this and of course the fact you pay Francis at all should afford some peace for you. But it seems you are in an unwinnable situation. I hope I haven't put my foot in my mouth. But I am worried for you and you need this to be over and in your own place, and I know you want that as much as anyone here does. Sending you positive thoughts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
9 hours ago, tnd said:

I already did that....not a single one replied. 

Please please please call them again until SOMEONE does reply!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Jemiga70 said:

Please please please call them again until SOMEONE does reply!

I am appalled but I agree with Jemiga, please call again!  I cannot imagine this happening here in this sleepy little town, but that's why I live here.  I have here the sense of community and caring that seems to be lacking in some cities.  

We are worried about you!  Update us as soon as you can!  And if she tries to kick you out on the street with your cats, call the police!  You paid her rent $ and she can't legally do that, daughter or not.

• Hugs 2

• Moderators

Oh tnd, I wish there were words.  Do what you have to do to survive, we're all rooting for you.  Seriously, I wish you lived near here so we could help you.  :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

Seriously, I wish you lived near here so we could help you.  :(

I'd love to live there! I've lived a lot of places but grew up mainly in the Pacific Northwest. Oh, how I have missed it! But ever since I turned 18, I've been more of a city gal. And now I need to be near conveniences, doctor offices, pharmacies and hospitals. And a Walmart! lol These past couple days have me thinking about nursing homes. Can't be much worse than it is here and my body is not cooperating at the moment. But no, I think if I went into a nursing home I may never come back out. If I didn't have the Sarcoidosis I'd have more choices on how to deal with things. I need to keep myself together. Definitely in survivors mode. So I am going to "play house" in my mind and think about the apartment I've been waiting for. One thing about it that is already a plus is that for a cheap place, I noticed that the grounds were being kept clean and there were no crowds (gangs) loitering outside. I also found out that one side of the property is for young people and families while the other side is for older people, and I did see a couple of older people. Living on that side would really put my mind at rest as older/retired people tend to be good watch dogs. They are also usually very quiet and in bed early. Well anyways, I have something to picture in my mind until I move. But right now, just packing up to go to a hotel would be too much for me. I don't know that my body could withstand that. Sarcoidosis is one very wicked disease! 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 5/24/2022 at 5:34 PM, John9 said:

I hope I haven't put my foot in my mouth.

No, you didn't put your foot in your mouth. I appreciate your concerns. Always! You've been gone so hope things are okay with you. Us folks on here get a little worried when we don't see someone. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

We have many people here with medical issues, it's 45 miles to the nearest hospital but one can always catch a ride.  We have a FB chat for our town where people share what's going on or needs, and someone always comes through.  It's different from the big city that way, the sense of community is perhaps our greatest asset, with a close second being the beauty, nature, wildlife.  I fell in love with this place 45 years ago and never wanted to move back to the city where my forefathers pioneered and founded/lived.  I actually have a forefather from here too, there's a statue of him at our local park, my grandfather told me we are related to him!  Big coincidence.

I've no doubt you can make anyplace "home" as you're an amazing person, I admire your strength and knowledge, experience! You have true survival skills.  I pray this place comes open for you SOON!  And meanwhile, stick to your guns with Frances, don't let her bully you.  She speaks rashly from fear/hurt/anger, not a good basis with which to operate.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Kay,

I am so happy your son came and helped you like that.  It is an incredible help when so often we despair that it is all too much!  He helped!  He is coming back to help some more!  It is wonderful!

(Too many exclamation marks, I know. But I'm really happy for you.)

Gail

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
12 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

(Too many exclamation marks, I know. But I'm really happy for you.)

Can’t have too many exclamation points in this case😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

KayC,

I am glad that your Son was able to take care of some of the issues that you were having. It seems like there will always be something that we forget to do or have done. I know I am very guilty of that and yes I have lists too. I still blame everything on my broken brain and my broken heart and now my broken body is making it hard for me to do things too. But it is still one day at a time and hope for things can finally be resolved. I am glad Kodie had some fun with Murray, he probably needed the playtime.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Thanks, John. 

My daughter's divorce wasn't dismissed but they want her to go buy a form from the courthouse and fill it out and file it...again, another!  Will this never end!!!  And always it means time off work for her which she can't afford as she works for herself and we all know that means three times the work!

• Hugs 1

• Members
6 minutes ago, KayC said:

Thanks, John. 

My daughter's divorce wasn't dismissed but they want her to go buy a form from the courthouse and fill it out and file it...again, another!  Will this never end!!!  And always it means time off work for her which she can't afford as she works for herself and we all know that means three times the work!

KayC,

I just don't understand why everything has to be so difficult,it just seems like it is all about money. I am not sure if the Court is charging your Daughter to file the new form, but when you have to take time from work it still costs as you said. That was something that people never understood about my loving wife, if she didn't work she didn't get paid. That was because she worked for most of her career as a percentage worker, no work no pay. Son is the same way since he is a hair stylist, no clients no money. Hopefully the Court won't keep adding on with more and more papers that they forgot about. It seems that is how the Probate works, can't file this until that is filed but have to wait for a certain time and then...........

• Like 1

• Moderators

She's filed six papers already!  I don't remember it dragging out so much!  Seems you have to throw thousands to lawyers to get it done, it shouldn't be so hard with no property, no kids, separate bank accounts!  It's been nearly 2 1/2 years now and 3 1/2 years since he left her right after her miscarriage.  It needs to be done!

9 minutes ago, John9 said:

It seems that is how the Probate works, can't file this until that is filed but have to wait for a certain time and then...........

Yep!  Anything gov't is involved with...hurry up and wait!

• Hugs 1

• Members
On 5/31/2022 at 9:14 AM, KayC said:

I think Kodie slept most of the 24 hours after they left! :D

Well, at least Kodie displayed proper etiquette and didn't fall asleep until AFTER they were gone. hee,hee, hardi har har ...

• Like 1

• Members
On 5/31/2022 at 3:28 PM, John9 said:

I still blame everything on my broken brain and my broken heart and now my broken body is making it hard for me t

BROKEN BODY?! That doesn't sound good ...are you alright? 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Good news, they didn't dismiss my daughter's divorce, bad news:  They want yet ANOTHER document, IS NINE pages long, very legal reading, and overwhelming.  Paralegal friend is going to try to file it online today using electronic signature.  She is a godsend!  I'm going to send her some $ when all is said and done, she's more than earned it!  If we had to start over with this I'd have to pay for a lawyer, huge bucks!  It was $2,000 in 2008, God knows what it is now or how long it'd take.

I'm also going to have to expend some major $ on my woodstove, it needs a new bypass door, combustor, chimney, rope, will be thousands of dollars but cheaper/easier than replacing the whole thing.  That's why I went through so much wood this winter and it burned way too hot no matter how it was set.  The warped bypass door (which you can't see) is what wrecked the combustor, it's job is to protect the combustor.  This will all set me back from getting my carport back replaced.  :(  Stocks falling, depleting my IRA is not helping my plans.

John, are you having issues with grief and stress affecting you physically?  It can happen.  If only there were an off switch in us we could turn off the anxiety/stress of legal garbage, etc.  I could use one of those too.  My BS is up today from stress, I know it wasn't from how I ate. I used to say, jokingly, "Life sucks and then you die."  Now it's not a joke.

Got my lawn mowed, weed whacking done, tree cut down, bushes trimmed, grate in front of garage cleaned out, roof, gutters, and chimney cleaned and with all the painting, sweeping, branches picked up I did, the place looks better.  Now I'll have to find out how much I owe for Jack's services and pay him.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
10 hours ago, tnd said:

BROKEN BODY?! That doesn't sound good ...are you alright? 

KayC,

I'm still here, but yes as you state grief and stress does affect me physically too. I am just so tired and worn out from everything and pardon my saying it, I sleep like crap. I am awake too often from physical pain and get no restful sleep. i feel that I wake every morning more tired then when I went to bed. I am glad that the Court didn't dismiss your Daughters case and sadly not surprised that there is more paperwork. Hopefully it will be the last of it. IF there was a switch to turn off all of the stresses and such, I would probably die. I say that as I had said before, I have been under stresses for now over 13 years at these levels and my body and mind would not know what to do. I do wonder how much longer I will be able to continue though, because it is just so hard coping. I am sorry that you will have to spend more money fixing your woodstove, even if it is lees than replacing it. It does seem like there is no relief from the extra expenses of existing now. I am lucky I can do many of my own repairs but they are becoming too frequent and I wonder how much longer I can continue. The comment that you made about the old saying is so true, no longer a joke but it does go through my broken brain often. But there are so many thoughts that always do. One was that my loving wife did everything that she was supposed to do, and that she shouldn't have died when and how she did. The thoughts are always there and I just miss  my loving wife so much.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

tnd,

Sadly, restful sleep is a thing of the past. I can't stay in one position for very long because of pain and it hurts both being in the position and to move from it. And that of course wakes me, and then it takes time to fall asleep again and repeat.....One of my loving wife's cats insists on sleeping between my legs and that makes it hard to move also. And both of them seem to make sure I don't stay in bed too long in the morning, but they go back to bed after they make me get up. I hope you get that Apartment soon, so that your cats get their rewards. Your reward hopefully will be some sort of peace and relaxation.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

tnd,

My loving wife and I used to fall asleep to Alexa and the sounds of thunderstorms, I can't seem to do that anymore. And I understand that it is a catch-22, pain/sleeplessness and the cycle that it creates. I hope that the ear buds work for you, any relief would be nice. I know I am hoping for peace in this existence or the next.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2