Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My 10 year old was murdered

raecof

• Members

Hello,

My 10 year old daughter was murdered by her father on 9-5-2011. I don't really know where to begin, it still feels like she is on a long vacation. He also killed himself and his 3 year old daughter too.

(all with a gun of some sort). I am worried about losing my mind. I also feel immense pain over not being able to hold my daughters hand when she died. She was missing for 4 days and

It happened in a tent in the woods and all that I can think about is how unfair it was for both of the kids to not have their mothers holding them while they died. It must have been so cold and

alone.

• Members

I am so so sorry. Your loss is immense. I lost a baby at birth and that was very painful. I still grieve over a year later although it has gotten better. Know you are not alone. I think it is totally normal to feel like you are going out of your mind. Losing a child is not normal. I am now also dealing with the loss of my mom and sometimes find the grief overwhelming. I don't know if it helps but when I read in your post that you worried that you were not there to hold your daughters hand it made me think that your daughter was wrapped in the warm comfort of your love for her and that, that provided comfort to her in her final moments. Telling my story of loss seems to help, although not as quickly as I would like. I don't do a great job of it but I try to reach out to others. We all need support and caring ears. Again, I am so very sorry. Take care and God bless.

• Members

Dear Rascoff

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious child. The circumstances are so painful and hard to understand.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers this day and every day.

I lost my only child Stephen, while he slept in the same house and I too understand the pain of worrying about not being there. I FIND COMFORT IN KNOWING HIS ANGEL AND GOD Were WITH HIM AND with all our children .

Please keep posting and reading It does help You are not alone

Archived