Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing My Son

Tweetymm125@aol.com

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

I am new to this site It has been 2 years since I lost my son to an accidental drug overdose I cry a lot and my heart hurts like a toothache . A month after he died my daughter screamed come quick

It was in the middle of the night and my sons dog was barking My daughter screamed look up there and Tell me what you see I said Oh M y God It was Rob on the ceiling in a shadow as clear as an Olin Mills Photo from the neck up We both pointed out his hair and his eyes and all his features I have never experienced anything like this before We both saw him so it couldn't be my imagination I feel it was a sign from God that he was ok My son always told me if anything ever happened to him he would not want us to be. Sad. well I am so sad I feel like the living dead

• Members

Rob's Mom-I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my 20 year old son January 13 2010. He died in his sleep at a friend's house on the couch. He had had a couple of beers and some type of prescription painkiller and sleep apnea. He just went to sleep and didn't wake up. It was ruled accidental, I had talked to him before bed that night and he was happy and hanging out with his friends and told me he'd be home in a couple of hours. It is a nightmare, isn't it? I know what you mean about your heart hurting and crying all the time. I found this place last summer and it has really helped. On the Loss of Adult Child board is where I have found the most support and a lot of wonderful people who really understand because they have lost a child or children, too. I didn't have any experience in seeing Westley after his death, but that sounds like an amazing thing that happened to you and your daughter. I am going to be out of touch for the next few days on a business trip thing, but just wanted to say Hi and tell you that you are not alone. Hugs

• Members
Brendan's Daddy

I am new to this site It has been 2 years since I lost my son to an accidental drug overdose I cry a lot and my heart hurts like a toothache . A month after he died my daughter screamed come quick

It was in the middle of the night and my sons dog was barking My daughter screamed look up there and Tell me what you see I said Oh M y God It was Rob on the ceiling in a shadow as clear as an Olin Mills Photo from the neck up We both pointed out his hair and his eyes and all his features I have never experienced anything like this before We both saw him so it couldn't be my imagination I feel it was a sign from God that he was ok My son always told me if anything ever happened to him he would not want us to be. Sad. well I am so sad I feel like the living dead

Rob's mom. I am sorry that you feel so sad all the time. I am the same way. Just faking my way through life at this point. I lost my perfect 7 year old son in a tragic accident this past December. I just wanted to say thank you for posting. It helps me to read about experiences from others that show me our children are looking after us and doing just fine. I believe you and your daughter received an amazing sign. I have been BEGGING God to show me that my little boy is ok and safe. I need something right now to show me that my little boy is safe. My faith has been shaken lately. I just need to know that my Brendan is ok.

Thank you for sharing

Brendan's daddy - Tony

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

To Brendan's dad Tony

I will pray that you will have a sign A few weeks ago I was talking to my daughter about Robert and her iPad radio came on and that thing doesn't work I go thru life faking it as well I try to stay normal for my 23 year old daughter I feel you will get a sign The only thing that helps me a tiny tiny bit is that I believe I will see him again The truth be known I suffer every day and I am trying to be here for The living relatives but I feel Like the living dead You will see your son someday again. You must believe that When we all die than we will be together. I did learn something thru this nightmare I do things for myself I refuse invitations if I truly do not want to go and I am polite but I do what is best for me because people who haven't experienced this have no clue Someone said that I shouldn't have his big picture in my living room Well Robert will stay on the living room wall as long as I live At least I know where he is every night. Do what is best for you

Robs mom

You are in my prayers

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com
<br />Rob's Mom-I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost my 20 year old son January 13 2010.  He died in his sleep at a friend's house on the couch.  He had had a couple of beers and some type of prescription painkiller and sleep apnea.  He just went to sleep and didn't wake up.  It was ruled accidental, I had talked to him before bed that night and he was happy and hanging out with his friends and told me he'd be home in a couple of hours.  It is a nightmare, isn't it?  I know what you mean about your heart hurting and crying all the time.  I found this place last summer and it has really helped.  On the Loss of Adult Child board is where I have found the most support and a lot of wonderful people who really understand because they have lost a child or children, too.  I didn't have any experience in seeing Westley after his death, but that sounds like an amazing thing that happened to you and your daughter.  I am going to be out of touch

for the next few days on a business trip thing, but

just wanted to say Hi and tell you that you are not alone.  Hugs<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Thankyou for responding to me It is amazing that I saw Rob on the ceiling It just hurts me that he died from a drug overdose He was handsome full of life with his life in front of him

One thing that happened is that I did save someones life as a result of this

four months after he died a patient came in with his mom He was about 20 I work for a big Cardiology Group His mom took me aside and said I give up . He is on drugs and I do not know what to do

after the visit I ran after her her son was ahead of her I

I chased her down and said Do not stop if you have to lock him up than do whatever you have to do because I just lost my son to a drug overdose and I started crying A year

later two people came in and the son said Do you remember me I said No The son said if it wasn't for me he would be dead for sure He is positive I started crying It was the son from a year ago I did an Ekg on him and started crying His name was Robert I told ohm my sons name was Robert Isnt that unbelievable?

God Bless you

Archived