Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mum and now her house

Lovejoypeace

• Members
Lovejoypeace

I posted about my mums house in another thread of this forum but think it might have been the wrong one.

im a newbie to this site as well.

im not coping finding it very hard as 4 years ago I lost my lovely mother and that was hard enough I still find it hard sometimes, now it has come to her house being sold. I have 3 siblings and my sister pressured my brother into selling mums house. I understand that it might have needed to be sold but didn’t think that it would be now.

I have a teenager  has affected her greatly I am struggling to help her as I’m affected greatly too all I can do is cry and I’m finding it hard to work cause when I’m at work I think about it and want to cry but that’s not appropriate there. We have also had 2 other deaths in the family in the 4 years so it’s taken it’s toll.

• Members

Hi, I am also in bits about the sale of my dads house , which was my family home. I know I can’t get my dad back and death is final but the thought that my brother and I are choosing to sell the house makes me explore every alternative to try and keep it just so I can go and sit in the garden from time to time and enjoy the view. But how ridiculous to keep money tied up in an empty house that’s a 3 hour drive away. I am finding this harder than I possibly imagined. Head is pulling me one way and Heart pulls me the other .

• Members
Lovejoypeace

Thank you Hazel

it would be nice to sit in the garden and think of my mum like you with your dad it’s so hard.

Things got a bit botched up and the real estate lady did a number on the unit lady next door as they are 2 units stuck together so this makes it tricky when you want to sell. So by me saying that I didn’t want to the owner has gone like she does and says that she will just sell hers, which might make it tricky layer if you want to sell the other half. 
I don’t think she understands that the real estate lady is just thinking of her commission that she is going to get and no one else as the people that  are in the house only have to leave. Rentals are scarce here

• Members

Hi LoveJoyPeace - that sounds a complicated situation under any circumstances. You mentioned your teenager and sounds like you are under pressure to support them too. I recognise the feeling of wanting to cry. I was taking the dog for a walk each morning to have my cry and then come back to start the day. God knows  what the neighbors thought of me! Anyway, my point is this - if you can find a space to cry, go ahead, it can make you feel better.