Two and a half years gone

Thomas' Mom

• Members

It has been 2 and a half years since my 16 year old son was killed in a car accident. I find that it makes me too sad and emotional, painful, to talk about him, to look at his pictures, to allow myself to think about him for any length of time. Will I ever smile with out crying when I see his picture, think of him, talk about him. How did this happen?

• Members

Hello I am so sorry you and i are going through this. It has only been a year and a half for me. He passed in a tragic drowning right at his house. The accident is so horrendous I think of it all the time. I also can't look at his pictures. I had them up beside my bed some nice ones his friends had taken of him. a board. but i put them down when i go in that room i look at the board and don't want to look at the photos ... there is a nice photo of him with a fish. i looked at it the other day. my mind is so sad i feel like i also am going to die. i should take medicine my marriage is to break up but that is my fault for moving here and giving him control of my life and complicating it to this extent my son had mental issues which i ignored. and now he is dead and the rest of my life without him is not going to be real fun. if i had only made him know how much i loved him and nurtured him and babied him. i don't understand how thisa tragedy happened it was preventable. it is very very sad.. carrie

• Members

Wow, I hear you. How I wished I had done more of everything. My son had problems and was finally getting some happiness from this world. Then he died. I just have those horrible feelings of blame for just not doing enough while he was a baby, a toddler, alive...I put those things in the back of my mind, but they creep back. I am so sorry for the loss of your son. Others that have lost a child told me it would get better and to be honest, I couldn't go back to the pain of 1 and half years. The pain does lessen. Our life is not the same. It never will be. My husband and I are in a standstill. The best we can do is tell each other how we still love each other, but other than the words, we just haven't found our way back. I have hope.Thanks for answering.

Archived