Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Was this a sign from my Mom?

Elizabeth711

• Members
Elizabeth711

My Mom died a little over a month ago. She was very sick with a long term illness. Soon after Mom died I kept envisioning her as younger and healthy. She was walking in our house. This image would pop up in my head all day and it was hard because I miss her so much. I could not get the image out of my head. It felt like I was not thinking it but that it was pushed at me. Now I wonder if that was a sign from her. I did not think so at the time. What do you think and has this happened to anyone else?

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
KeyLimePie1

Hi Elizabeth - sorry to hear of your loss and I hope you are doing as well as you can be in such terrible circumstances. I know all too well how you feel (I saw your comments on my post).

Regarding signs - I myself have never been spiritual but my mum always believed in it. It's not quite been one week since she passed, but there have already been a few signs. I'm careful to not let my imagination run away with itself, but it's still interesting nonetheless. I'll explain further.

My sister has already noticed a picture of our late brother moving position. My niece said she had a visitation from mum in a dream, saying 'everything was going to be OK'. I came home the other day after spending a night at my sisters, and could smell a pleasant scent in the hallway of the home me and my mum shared. It smelt like mum's perfume. My sister also could smell the same scent when she went back home after dropping me at my home. I had a dream earlier today, and my mum was vividly in the dream, in my living room like she was still sat there. 

Whilst I am not feeling great, and there is a huge gap in our lives that can never be filled, I do feel mum is giving us all a degree of strength to carry on somehow. I am more open minded about these things since our loss. I hope this helps.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Elizabeth,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I would like to think it was a sign from your mom to let you know she is free now.

After my dad passed I wanted to have a sign. I would look for anything to give me comfort that my father was at peace. I would find coins on the ground, lights flickering inside the house even a text message from the wrong number saying I love you. And one time someone left me a voicemail singing I miss you over and over again. It was a wrong number. It's been almost 5 years and I still look for them. 

• Members
Elizabeth711

I had a nightmare about Mom. At first it was happy as Mom walked into the room I was in and I was so happy to see her but then as we were talking she told me that I had failed her and that she died because I did not take good enough care of her. I was so sad when I woke up.Lately I am feeling so sad and missing her so much.

• Members

(((hugs))) It's really hard. I too had nightmares about my dad. It's our minds way of working out our feelings and thoughts. I can't tell you how many times I dreamed how I saved my dad and he lived! 

Please know the first year of grief is the hardest.  Keep taking it day by day for now. We are with you.

• Members

Yes, I think it was definitely a sign - it was your mom coming to you as she is now on the other side, healthy, young.... she left her sick body behind and is free and out of pain, and she wants you to think of her like that, not as you see her in your memories, being ill and poorly.  Her spirit came to you over and over to show you she's okay, and still around you.

• Members
Jeff In Denver

I am very sorry to hear about your mother.  That sure does sound like a sign.  From what I have heard, when people cross over they are restored to their best health.  All illnesses, pain, etc., are gone.  I think this is a good example of that.  I hope you get many more of those visions.