Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss my Mother

inquisitive83

• Members

Back in March I lost my mother. I did some counseling, but things have started to resurface and started hurting me.

I have had a loss of a partner, and a best friend over the last few weeks. i need some help working through my moms loss. She was my best friend, we were closer than anyone. THe pain is there whenever anything happens that I need a friend. She would be the one I run to and vent to, the one I talk to about everything. Now after blowing up at a friend, who was the closest to me compared to my mom, and I don't have anyone to talk to anymore so I am turning to here.

I need to be able to cope with this in a way that I don't blow up at people on the fly, and that I can actually carry on with life.

• Members

Back in March I lost my mother. I did some counseling, but things have started to resurface and started hurting me.

I have had a loss of a partner, and a best friend over the last few weeks. i need some help working through my moms loss. She was my best friend, we were closer than anyone. THe pain is there whenever anything happens that I need a friend. She would be the one I run to and vent to, the one I talk to about everything. Now after blowing up at a friend, who was the closest to me compared to my mom, and I don't have anyone to talk to anymore so I am turning to here.

I need to be able to cope with this in a way that I don't blow up at people on the fly, and that I can actually carry on with life.

Arthur,

I am very sorry about the loss of your mother. To lose a parent is one of the most profound, life-changing events a person can experience.

Anger is a common reaction to such a deep loss. One of the best ways to deal with the anger is to keep a journal about how you feel. In the journal, many people write letters to their lost loved one and/or to their friends and family about how they feel. Self-help grief and loss groups are also ways that people learn to inch forward and heal from their loss.

Please feel free to express your emotions here. We understand anger and rage over a loss. Vent how you feel; we will be here for you.

ModKonnie

Archived