LOSS OF MY SON

SHRTSKT

• Members

I lost my 25 year old son on August 2nd and I feel like I’m going to die. The physical pain is so bad that I can hardly cope. My stomach hurts so much that I can hardly take it. It starts the minute I arrive at work and usually calms down when I get home, but yesterday it lasted into the night. He was my entire world and I don’t know how I’m going to move on without him.

He was alone when he died and I just want to know if he suffered. I want to know if he’s ok. I feel like I’m losing my mind.

• Members

I am new to this site, but I was wondering the same thing about my son..He died in a horrible car accident, and was alone also...It absolutely drives me beyond my coping skills, wondering how much he suffered, was he screaming? Was it instant? People say, "you can`t think about that, just remember the good things, get your mind on something else." That is not possible...as his Mommy, I was not there when he needed me the most, and it hurts me to think of him needing help, and me not being there.I truly feel I will never be able to cope with not knowing what happened...He was only 20. and it was July 24th 2011.

• Members

I lost my 25 year old son on August 2nd and I feel like I’m going to die. The physical pain is so bad that I can hardly cope. My stomach hurts so much that I can hardly take it. It starts the minute I arrive at work and usually calms down when I get home, but yesterday it lasted into the night. He was my entire world and I don’t know how I’m going to move on without him.

He was alone when he died and I just want to know if he suffered. I want to know if he’s ok. I feel like I’m losing my mind.

I lost my son in Feb, and have never hurt so badly in all my life. I too feel like I am losing my mind.. I finally went and saw my doctor, but I don't think there really is anything to make a person forget. Sometimes I swear someone has hit me behind the knees, I just fall to the floor and cry.

I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but such words do not exist, but I find talking to people who have and are going through the lose of a child are the only ones who truly understand.

I am so sorry for your loss, my heart breaks for you and everyone else who hurt.

• Members

I am new to this site, but I was wondering the same thing about my son..He died in a horrible car accident, and was alone also...It absolutely drives me beyond my coping skills, wondering how much he suffered, was he screaming? Was it instant? People say, "you can`t think about that, just remember the good things, get your mind on something else." That is not possible...as his Mommy, I was not there when he needed me the most, and it hurts me to think of him needing help, and me not being there.I truly feel I will never be able to cope with not knowing what happened...He was only 20. and it was July 24th 2011.

I feel the same way, my son took his own life in Feb. When I thnk of how sad and lonely he must have felt in those last few seconds is more than I can handle at times. As hard as I try to push that from my thoughts, it just lingers,holds on to my heart and brain. I also feel horrible because there is nothing I can say to you that will help. My son had been depressed for a while and it was hard on me and the family. Jeremy is 35, he will always be 35..but at this age there is nothing anyone can do to get help for an adult, God knows I tried. I had a FORMER friend tell me, " Now you can close this chapter of your life and move on". Honestly, I wanted to slap him, instead I no longer speak to him.

Terri, I know you have heard this a thousand times. but your son knew you loved him and you would have switched places with him in a heart beat, just as we all would, if we could. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

I know exactly how you feel. My son jumped in front of a train on 31st May this year, he was 19. He had a breakdown in February but before that he was healthy and happy and doing well at university. He was in a pyschiatric unit and I saw him 3 hours before. I have gone over and over all the details of his last few hours, I tortured myself with it - trying to imagine every bit of what happened but it is slowly subsiding now. I think you go over and over it to make yourself believe what feels so unreal. I feel like such a failure that I spent 19 years loving and protecting him and I allowed this to happen but deep down inside I know there was nothing I could have done and I hope that one day I will fully accept this. It is very, very hard to let go.

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

I am new to this sight I lost my son to an accidental drug overdose I am so sad I wonder if he suffered I feel I should have been able to help him I feel so lost and sad it has been almost 2 years and I have a 23 year old daughter left and I just feel like I just exist anymore

• Members

I am new to this sight I lost my son to an accidental drug overdose I am so sad I wonder if he suffered I feel I should have been able to help him I feel so lost and sad it has been almost 2 years and I have a 23 year old daughter left and I just feel like I just exist anymore

I just found out that my son also died of an accidental drug overdose. I never suspected he was doing drugs. Apparently he decided to try it and didn't quite understand the possible ramifications. Something has been nagging at me for 3 weeks now and I just realized last night what it is. I realized that I'm relieved that I don't have to worry about him any more. No more panicking when the phone rings, no more sleepless nights because I'm concerned about whether he has enough money to pay his bills, or he's arguing with his wife. The guilt that I feel because of this is almost too heavy for me to bear. I realize now that it's what's been making me sick for the last three weeks. I asked my husband if he felt that way and he said that he'd been feeling that way for a while, so I guess this is a normal reaction, but what kind of mother does that make me. I would take all of his problems back if I could just have him back again.

Archived