Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Anxiety

Rebecca H

• Members

I’ve worked in a nursing home through the pandemic. Burnout is not even an adequate work to describe how I feel. It’s a feeling of constant anxiety, my heart is always racing. Sleep quality is horrendous. I lost my dad last year and went back to work 2 days later into our first outbreak. Most days I can’t figure out why I’m anxious but it has to be the trauma. My body remembers the death, the flashing lights of the ambulance that would also trigger me from my dads death. I don’t know how to shake this constant feeling of anxiety and stress without quitting my job.

• Members

Dear Rebecca,

I hope you can find a trusted therapist, counsellor or support group to help you.  You've been through so much and it's important to have someone to talk to about your feelings and thoughts and to feel supported.

My thoughts are with you. x