Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

loss of emotions

bridie

• Members

i'm sorry to pop up again, havent been here in a while but i was talking to my sister today and she was talking about craigs death and she started crying. i realised i was numb and didnt feel anything. i then realised this is my whole life, i never feel anything. i dont like it, i feel like im waiting to die. craig has been gone 3 years can anyone tell me if this will change

• Members

i'm sorry to pop up again, havent been here in a while but i was talking to my sister today and she was talking about craigs death and she started crying. i realised i was numb and didnt feel anything. i then realised this is my whole life, i never feel anything. i dont like it, i feel like im waiting to die. craig has been gone 3 years can anyone tell me if this will change

Missing Craig,

Plese don't feel sorry to pop up here. We want you to come and talk about the loss of your Craig. Have you considered going to a physician and discussing medication to help with the depression? What about therapy or grief counseling? Can you talk about how you feel?

ModKonnie

• Members

My son Evan died 10 years ago this week. There is still a part of me that is numb and I feel like a part of my heart was torn away and hasn't returned and I don't expect it will, as my son was killed by a driver on drugs when he was only 13. However, I am doing okay. Honestly. I have spent 10 years reading books that talked about death, mostly metaphysical books, seeing mediums, which was incredibly helpful, getting past life regressed where I met my son in the spirit world, where he was (helpful beyond words.) That's what I did. Others may try a different approach, but for me I haven't stopped trying to heal myself, my wife and my now 20 year old son.

For me, I met people that have lost children a long time ago and were still really suffering. I decided that I was not going to suffer so much if I could help it. I know Evan would want me to have a productive rest of my life, and to not waste my opportunity to grow in my understanding of both life and death. And I have. And hopefully will continue to try and understand this mystery called life.. and death.

I would recommend any book by George Anderson... www.georgeanderson.com

I wish you all the best.

Archived