Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Selecting a grave marker...

StaceyS

• Members

We go today to order Joshua's Memorial Marker.... never though I'd have to say that.... looking for strength and the right words... I don't know how to represent 29 years in a few words. This will forever mark his final resting place and is very importantto me, especially since he has to young sons. Joshua was so full of life and love and now it will never be the same! We are always having big party's and holiday gatherings and such, I can't imagine another one without him here! I am thankful for all the wonderful memories but I just can't believe it's over so soon. All of my life, when times got hard I said to myself (and out lound) at least we have all our beautiful kids and grand kids... we are so blessed now I can't say that, it's no longer true. Stacey

• Members

We go today to order Joshua's Memorial Marker.... never though I'd have to say that.... looking for strength and the right words... I don't know how to represent 29 years in a few words. This will forever mark his final resting place and is very importantto me, especially since he has to young sons. Joshua was so full of life and love and now it will never be the same! We are always having big party's and holiday gatherings and such, I can't imagine another one without him here! I am thankful for all the wonderful memories but I just can't believe it's over so soon. All of my life, when times got hard I said to myself (and out lound) at least we have all our beautiful kids and grand kids... we are so blessed now I can't say that, it's no longer true. Stacey

Stacey,

How are you doing now? Can you talk about what you chose? We are thinking of you.

ModKonnie

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

You are in my prayers  I chose you live forever in our hearts  I too lost my son Rob was 29  I think Forever in our hearts was the best way to remember Rob because in my heart he will   Live forever.

• Members

I can't bring myself to get a grave marker, it seems so final. I can't walk up to Jeremy's grave and see his name. I feel bad because it's been 8 months, but I just can't. I know what I want, I know what I want to say, just can't bring myself to get one yet.

• Members
Christina Mahaney

It was one of the hardest things we have ever done. We chose Liam's favorite characters and his favorite quote. Thinking of you xo I shared an image of his grave marker.

post-297568-0-33029500-1320331797_thumb.

• Members

I know exactly how you feel. It took me a long time to go and order a headstone. I think I cried the entire time I was there and did a really poor job of ordering it. Luckily, I have a wonderful wife, who was Travis' step mom, who went back and took care of the corrections. I was torn between this being the final thing I would do for my son, and feeling that I was letting him down by not giving him the honor of a nice headstone. I am a counselor in training, just finished my first year of grad school, and I know how thinking this way is a thinking error, but when it is your only child, it is completely different, at least to me it is. I made a facebook page for my son, so I could send him messages and feel like I am communicating with him. I wanted to leave his cell phone in his casket so I could send him texts, but I realized that soon, someone else would have his number. My son passed away in February 2011, and I miss him as much now as I did the second I found out he passed. All I can say is to take your time and make sure you are ready, it is a really hard thing to do...Just know there are others out here who support you and truly know how you feel.

Tony

I can't bring myself to get a grave marker, it seems so final. I can't walk up to Jeremy's grave and see his name. I feel bad because it's been 8 months, but I just can't. I know what I want, I know what I want to say, just can't bring myself to get one yet.

Archived