Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

facing my biggest fears

mburke

• Members

So ive posted a few times but i lost my dad 3 months ago. he was killed on his motorcycle while driving to work by a 17 year old kid. so this 17 year kid gets a $90 ticket for failure to yield and im just not ok with this. well a few weeks ago we went to the court house to see him get his ticket and ask the judge to at least suspend his license and he wasnt there because he hired a lawyer and is fighting the ticket! which to me is INSANE!! how could he fight a simple class c misdamenor ticket. so either way tomorrow i have to go back to the court house for a trial and finally face the kid who killed my father... for the passed 3 months i havent had a face to put with the name but after tomorrow i will. im sick over even seeing him its scary. i have to face a huge fear and see him face to face and not loose it. i dont know if i can even keep it together. i dont know what im going to feel when i see him and im scared to death. has anyone had to deal with this type of situation? any advice!?

• Members

I wish I had some advice, but I will be thinking of you tomorrow! That sounds like a nightmare. Maybe you will get some kind of closure? Do you have someone supportive going with you?

• Members

I went today and my mom actually came which was super great to have her there. So the kid who hit my dad didnt even show up today.. and we have to go back in 2 weeks. im soo done playing games i want to close the chapter in my life and move forward. so i guess in 2 weeks here we go again...

Archived