Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

When did you start dating? Did you get married again?

Flowrax

• Members

Not that I want to.

I just want to know how long did you wait before you went out there again. I think it's going to take me a while, maybe years.

Did any of you re-married? How is it? I guess you love in different ways. After I got a divorce I thought I was never going to love again, to find a man as wonderful as my ex husband. But what do you know?! I found the best man ever.. and now that he's gone I'm thinking the same... He was loving, kind, thoughtful AND handsome :) It's going to be very hard to find a person that is at least as good as him.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I didn't. Or haven't yet, despite thinking of it many times (loneliness is everything it's cracked up to be). I just can't imagine anyone I'd be interested in being interested in me. My social/conversational skills are rusty to put it mildly. 

You're clearly much younger than me and have much more life in front of you, so I hope you aren't like me and as difficult as it may be, were able to "get back out there" again. You don't deserve to be alone for the rest of your life.

• Hugs 1

• Moderators
On 9/25/2022 at 5:48 PM, widower2 said:

I just can't imagine anyone I'd be interested in being interested in me. My social/conversational skills are rusty to put it mildly. 

I have seen you post your 1.5k posts and I disagree.  Don't sell yourself short!

• Like 1

• Members

I did get back out there but that after a long time trying to make sure the person understood my situation. It’s not easy but there’s hope 

• Like 2

• Members

I lost my partner 3 months ago and don’t really think that going dating again would work. I feel that’s I’m being unfaithful to my love and we’d also carry so much baggage that they’d be fed up with us fairly quickly 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
On 10/12/2022 at 12:43 AM, Flowrax said:

I did get back out there but that after a long time trying to make sure the person understood my situation. It’s not easy but there’s hope 

I'm glad to hear this! However things work out and as hard as it is, I think it's worth the effort. I wish you the best! 

• Moderators
On 10/20/2022 at 6:13 AM, John3kd said:

I lost my partner 3 months ago and don’t really think that going dating again would work. I feel that’s I’m being unfaithful to my love and we’d also carry so much baggage that they’d be fed up with us fairly quickly 

Of course you wouldn't want to so early in the grieving stages. Give it time and let it be whatever it is. 

If you think about it, it really isn't being unfaithful at all, although I get those feelings, having had similar. As for baggage, I think that's why it's a good idea for someone to know about your situation early on. In fact, this dating site, designed for "older" people, probably has its share of widows/widowers FWIW (this is a general FYI to anyone in that situation): https://dating.silversingles.com/ge7n91/774577/

• Like 1

• Members
April Ballou

The one and only reason I'm even thinking about dating is because of several conversations that I had with my husband when he was alive.  We would always tell each other that if something was to happen not to live alone, find someone special.   This September it will be three years since he died.   I don't even know how to look for a date.  Crazy

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 1/4/2023 at 12:01 AM, April Ballou said:

The one and only reason I'm even thinking about dating is because of several conversations that I had with my husband when he was alive.  We would always tell each other that if something was to happen not to live alone, find someone special.   This September it will be three years since he died.   I don't even know how to look for a date.  Crazy

A lot of people go online, if so, find a reputable one.  My son found his wife on plenty of fish..

• Like 1

• Members
April Ballou
1 hour ago, KayC said:

A lot of people go online, if so, find a reputable one.  My son found his wife on plenty of fish..

I tired plenty of fish and they wanted money.

• Moderators

I'm sorry.  Praying the Lord sends someone your way...

• Moderators
On 1/4/2023 at 3:01 AM, April Ballou said:

You could try the site above, or do a net search for dating sites.

On 5/9/2023 at 11:27 AM, KayC said:

Your daughter-in-law is a fisherman?