Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My dog passed.

yvo4848

• Members

It was so sudden. She was walking around Thursday .Than at nite she poo in the house big soft stool.Than all nite she was ok .Than Friday moring she was panting and got a fever 103.gave her doggies aspirin and water .She wasn't hersef.So I called our vet they said cant see her were triple booked dogs are really sick on and on.So our car broke down in all this mess. Omg!! so she seemed to perk up little ,so sunday vomit all over the room we had plastic down .thank god .so we called animal hospital recall this Sunday nothing open .we waited for the darn cab to come she looked bad real bad.Her eyes looked really dark ..than we grabbed her put her in doggie basket blankets. Rushed down the stairs ..within 20 min sge was dead.no blood no runny poo.fever gone was 98.5 low.we still dont no what happen she was gone so we stopped the cab from coiming.help whats happen to her.she was 14 1/2 years old and had epilepsy. I thought it was a blockage but she poop and when she passed away she pooped .no blood .she just vomited fever.renal failure..help?Im so sad mad at myself .I miss her so bad .writing this is hard crying. Forgive me for spelling I have dyslexia.

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss, very hard with sudden unexplainable death.  I'm sorry the vet didn't take her in and all of the other things, no one open, car breaking down.  You must feel like you're reeling!   (We're only 3 1/2 hours apart, I'm in the Cascades, up the mountain from Oakridge.)

When in early grief it's common to go through all the what ifs because we want a different possible outcome than the one we got, but there isn't any, only the one that happened and likely nothing would have come out any different even if she could have seen a vet.  It doesn't seem right dogs don't live very long, mine was 11 1/2 when he died of inoperable cancer (I had him euthanized 2 1/2 months after diagnosis to avoid his suffering any further).  I was hoping he'd live 14 years but it wasn't his genetics.  :(  No matter how much time we get them, it's never enough.

Your writing is fine to understand.  It helps to memorialize them, they were our everything, it's important their legacy be remembered.  I have my dog buried in the back yard with a grave marker, next to my son's dog and my 25 year old Kitty.  We were all a family, it's hard to believe it's just me left, my son brought me a puppy over a year ago...it doesn't replace Arlie but he has been a lifesaver to me especially during Covid times.  
http://www.griefhealing.com/comfort-grieving-animal-lovers.htm

• Members

I am too am so sorry to read of your sudden loss. It is heartbreaking. Nothing can prepare you. I hope you are doing okay. 

• Members

im feeling way better its hard when our baby passed but seem to be ok now well im feeling better stopped crying.still see her looking down the hall ,she sat at the end by our stair case.I love you sissie forever my little boo boo.neckname

Archived